(this is based on an assignment I wrote for my Food Writing class at George Brown College in Toronto) It’s green. You mum told you it’s good for you. Popeye swore by it. And all of a sudden it’s everywhere. All over food blog land, spinach is popping up as a popular ingredient somewhere you […]
A grey Monday presented us with a couple of options – shopping or perhaps venturing further afar. Since this was supposed to be the “budget” version of a week in New York (Hmm, now I seem to have forgotten to mention those shoes I bought on Sunday, right – but reduced from $175 to $49 […]
Breakfast on Sunday had to be something to soak up the aforementioned evening of imbibing! Amanda suggested Good Enough to Eat, a sort of cow-themed café that already had a queue outside it when we arrived at 10am! We had French toast, omelettes, toast, fruit, salad, coffee and delicious juice, though I held off on […]
Arriving at 8am put us at the hotel at 9am. Penelope is directly opposite the hotel at 30th and Lexington and even at that early hour, it was packed. The food was fresh and delicious and reasonable portions (i.e. not humungous but definitely substantial). I had “Sam I Am” described as: Two farm fresh eggs […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Sunday in Paris chocolate cake
- Giveaway: Where to Go When
- French Fridays: In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs make crêpes and galettes