Ten days in Philadelphia, what to do, what to do? Well in fact I didn’t have that much free time in between attending and presenting papers at both the International Boys’ Schools Coalition Annual Conference and the American Association of Teachers of French Annual Conference but in the little time I did have, I made […]
Last Saturday and Sunday, Queens Park in Toronto played host to the President’s Choice 1000 Tastes of Toronto, part of the Luminato Festival. According to the website, “Toronto is justly renowned for the cultural diversity of its cuisine” and 1000 Tastes would offer “a unique opportunity to sample some of the very best gourmet delicacies […]
I’ve now dined with the lovely Andrea from High/Low Food/Drink in three different cities – San Francisco (when we first met at the Foodbuzz Festival), New York (where she lives now) and now Toronto (her home town). The stars aligned to make her visit to Toronto coincide with Conor’s and we planned this meal by […]
Nutty Pop Ingredients 230g white sugar 140g brown sugar 90g glucose 230g raw whole almonds 230g raw mammoth pecans 60g popped popcorn pinch salt 90g butter 90g water Method In a large heavy bottom pot, mix white sugar, brown sugar, glucose, salt and water. Bring to a boil and add butter. Using a candy thermometer, […]
There are exciting things afoot in Stratford, Ontario, a town mainly known for its annual Shakespeare festival – North America’s largest classical repertory theatre, presenting the works of William Shakespeare and other great writers. It is rapidly becoming a foodie town and was recently named “Canada’s hottest food destination” by AOL.ca. With a farmers’ market […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Betsy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- nicolthepickle on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)
- French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils