Well there had to be a first, right? A first recipe for French Fridays with Dorie that didn’t work out quite as expected. I mean, it didn’t taste bad – in fact it tasted amazing. It just didn’t do what it was supposed to and didn’t look like it did in the book. Still, it […]
I must admit that when I saw the Gnocchis à la parisienne making an appearance on the French Fridays with Dorie calendar, I was both thrilled and a little concerned at the same time. I mean, cheese. Right? Cheese. Always good. But after December’s food fest and Mexico… Ummm… Not sure we needed a big […]
This week we are back to posting the same recipe on the same day for French Fridays with Dorie and I was thrilled to see the first recipe for 2011 was Dorie’s Paris mushroom soup (pp 72-73). What better way to get back into healthier eating after the holidays than with a big pot of […]
I’ve kind of saved the best (well, my personal favourite) French Fridays with Dorie recipe til last this month. When I saw Speculoos were on the list for December, I was overjoyed. I lived in Belgium for a year as an exchange student when I was 17 and fell in love with these ginger-bready cookies […]
I normally would not write a whole blog post about a side dish but trust me, like all of Dorie’s dishes, this is a winner and deserves a whole post of its own! This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is from page 335 and if you haven’t completely decided on your Christmas side dishes, […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!