This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe will make you rethink roast chicken. Often Neil will roast a chicken on Sunday afternoon and we will eat that for dinner with enough for leftovers through the week. But you know, sometimes you don’t want to be dealing with leftovers and even the smallest chicken will yield […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was one I had been looking to since I first got the book. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon, lettuce and tomato, especially when it’s paired with eggs! I chose to serve this with Dorie’s soft-boiled eggs instead of hard boiled eggs, forgoing the mayonnaise as the runny […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – honey spiced madeleines – was a little too complex for this new-to-madeleines baker so I chose to try my hand at plain ones instead. On our recent trip to France, on our very last day in Burgundy as I was, ahem, in a hypermarché acquiring a (cough […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was intriguing to say the least. Pan fried chicken breast coated in a mixture of crème fraîche and speculoos crumbs, aka cinnamon crunch chicken. Yes, you read it right. I approached this with some trepidation as it just sounds wrong. It took about 10 minutes to pull together… […]
People often ask me how I manage to fit in each week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipes. Well here’s my secret – when the Dorie recipes come out each month, I plan my menus for get-togethers with friends well in advance, to make sure I fit the recipes in. So my friends always know that […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs make chicken and shrimp potstickers with Vanessa Yeung
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect