This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (M. Jacques’ Armagnac chicken, pp 204-205) was one I had been looking forward to for a while. I love a roast chicken – in fact, it’s often our “go to” meal when we can’t think of something else to cook. This way we’ll have leftovers for weekday lunches […]
I’m actually a little in shock. After finding out earlier in the week that this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was Bubble Top Brioche (pp 496-497), I approached the task with great trepidation – bready, yeasty things and I not generally being the best of friends. Having arrived back from the West Coast late […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (cauliflower-bacon gratin, p 362), was one that kind of flew under my radar when I was leafing through the book and marking things I wanted to make because I can’t imagine why I would not have flagged it – a gratin made with cheese, cream and bacon containing […]
Oh dear. I was SO excited for this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe. SO excited. Crème brûlée – our absolute favourite dessert. The one we have to order in every restaurant we can find it in when we are travelling in France. I’ve made this before, with much success. I had no reason to […]
It’s a quick French Fridays with Dorie this week again. I was thrilled to see the Potato Chip tortilla (p 141) making an appearance because 1. I’d had my eye on it and 2. It was quick and easy. Who doesn’t need something delicious that’s also quick and easy to make during December? Basically a […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!