Basic macaron shells (adapted from Tartelette’s recipe) For the shells: 90 gr egg whites (roughly 3 egg whites) (90gr measured after aging) 25 gr to 50 gr granulated sugar 200 gr powdered sugar 110 gr almonds (slivered, blanched, sliced, whatever you like) 1 tablespoon powdered food coloring (optional) (I used liquid since that’s what I […]
My first Daring Baker’s Challenge! Yes, after a couple of forays into the Daring Cooks, I have succumbed to the lure of the Daring Bakers! For those of you not familiar with the Daring Kitchen, head over to the site to see what all the buzz is about! This month’s challenge was tiramisu! “Yikes,” I […]
Biscotti Quadrati al Miele e alle Noci For crust 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons sugar 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 1 large egg, lightly beaten For topping 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon mild honey 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar 1/8 […]
You can never have too many “go-to” dessert recipes, in my opinion! And what better way to celebrate my 300th post than with recipes for my favourite course of any meal – so much so that I always look at the dessert menu first in a restaurant, you know to plan ahead! Last weekend we […]
This is the third in a series chronicling my adventures in the kitchen with my cooking club at school – Les Petits Chefs – using recipes from the book C is for cooking, which I received for review. This week, we made Rice Crispy Bars, inspired by Alton Brown’s recipe in the book. We modified […]
what are you looking for?
- Mary Hirsch on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Christy @ Confessions of a Culinary Diva on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Cakelaw on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Teresa on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Betsy on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!