This week’s French Fridays with Dorie was hands down the easiest dessert I have made in a long time. Almost too easy, in fact. It’s so easy you could throw it together in about 15 minutes on a weeknight and have a delectable dessert in just over an hour. Danger, danger! What I really loved […]
The October 2010 Daring Bakers challenge was hosted by Lori of Butter Me Up. Lori chose to challenge DBers to make doughnuts. She used several sources for her recipes including Alton Brown, Nancy Silverton, Kate Neumann and Epicurious. I have to admit I was not as enthused as many going into this Daring Bakers. Having […]
For this month’s International Incident Party, Penny challenged us to work with eggs. I have to admit this had me scratching my head as there are simply so many possibilities – sweet or savoury, I couldn’t decide. What I *really* wanted to do was a soufflé but circumstances (including my blasted hand that is *still* […]
Now, you wouldn’t normally think of a crisp as being a summer dessert but as I write this from something like 6800 feet just outside Yosemite National Park, it sure feels like the perfect weather for it! This month for RSVP Redux (where bloggers recreate the dishes people have written to Bon Appétit magazine requesting […]
I have to admit there was a sharp intake of breath as I checked out the Daring Bakers’ challenge for July. A “Swiss Swirl Icecream Cake” inspired by this: (photo courtesy of the Taste of Home website) I was kind of half expecting there to be a Jello layer in there somewhere! And weirdly, it […]
what are you looking for?
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples