The March 2011 Daring Bakers’ Challenge was hosted by Ria of Ria’s Collection and Jamie of Life’s a Feast. Ria and Jamie challenged The Daring Bakers to bake a yeasted Meringue Coffee Cake. I have to admit, I was not a happy camper when I saw the word “yeasted” in the title of this challenge. […]
I had high hopes for this month’s International Incident Party – the theme was nostalgia. I mean, I was the one who suggested the theme. I love all things retro, as evidenced in last year’s Foodbuzz 24×24 dinner based on recipes from 1976 Weight Watchers’ recipe cards. It was a gelatin fest to end all […]
(posting this late due to an encounter with a nasty inner ear infection that has rendered me useless until now to even hit “publish” on this post I had ready to go for Sunday. My posts might be few and far between for the next little while as I recover.) I have to admit this […]
Yup it’s time for another International Incident Party and this time, Penny challenged us to work with sundaes. According to the Oxford Dictionary online, a sundae is a dish of ice cream with added ingredients such as fruit, nuts, and syrup. First used in the late 19th century, originally in the US, it is perhaps […]
The January 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Astheroshe of the blog accro. She chose to challenge everyone to make a biscuit joconde imprimé to wrap around an entremets dessert. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you will know that generally speaking I make tiny tiny amounts of the Daring Bakers’ […]
what are you looking for?
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples