Errr… ok. This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is very much an “interpretation” of the recipe in question (Lentil, lemon and tuna salad, p 140). Not only do I absolutely not eat tuna (and I wasn’t sure Neil would be sharing this with me), but when I came to the recipe, all smug-like that […]
It’s the last week of May. Soon to be June. There are (yikes! only) two full weeks left of school. And oh so much to get done. Plays to put on, music videos to film and edit, stories to write (for the boys). Oh, and reports to write (for the teachers). So this month’s Kitchen […]
* Culinary icon Julia Child would have turned 100 years old on August 15th of this year. To honor her, the folks at YC Media and Random House/ Alfred A. Knopf are launching the JC100: an international campaign involving restaurants, chefs, bookstores, and bloggers, all celebrating Julia and her legacy. Their goal is to raise one million voices in tribute to Julia, and I […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – Lyonnaise Garlic and Herb Cheese – aka Boursin’s mama – (p 20) was one I had been looking forward to. I love Boursin so the idea of making my own was pretty darned appealing. This version – cervelle de canut (or silk weavers’ brains) is part dip, […]
Dear Dorie, Please forgive me for I have sinned completely changed up the French Fridays with Dorie recipe for Double Chocolate and Banana Tart (pp 467-468). I did plan on making it like it said to in the book, honest. In fact I was going to make it as my own birthday cake. But then […]
what are you looking for?
- Andrea Troutman on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Alice on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Nana on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Adriana on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Paula on Les Petits Chefs check out The Cheese Boutique