or… How I didn’t COMPLETELY suck at making a fancy French cake. Just a little bit… This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie – Baking with Julia – recipe, French Strawberry Cake (p 273) was hosted by Sophia of Sophia’s Sweets and Allison of Sleep Love Think Dine. As soon as I saw this, I knew I would just have […]
It’s a testament to how busy I have been in the past couple of weeks that I can barely remember making, photographing and eating this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Lime Honey Beet Salad, p 121). I have a vague recollection of roasting beets very late one evening and peeling them very early the […]
Marcella Hazan. When I was growing up even all the way away in Australia, her name was synonymous with “real’ Italian food. She was the queen of Italian cooking. So you can imagine my delight on discovering her son, Giuliano, himself an accomplished cookbook author (and he also offers cooking classes. In Italy) and his […]
It’s a bit shameful that I didn’t get around to making this – the easiest of all soups – until Saturday of this week, when I received the recipe on Monday. It literally took me 5 minutes to throw together, about 20 minutes of cooking (I chopped the potatoes and leeks very very small to […]
Sorry folks. This one just was not a winner for me. I mean, I like olive oil. I like ice cream. I even like olive oil drizzled on ice cream with a sprinkle of salt. But olive oil IN my ice cream? Not so much. Uh huh, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (olive […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month