Here they are! A day later the pastry was still light and fairly crispy and after reheating in a slow over (300 degrees F) they were cooked “to perfection” according to Neil. Mine, well it stayed in the oven a little longer, shall we say! (and ooops – there’s one there with the duxelles on […]
So our last “hands-on” class in Culinary II was making Beef Stephanie – actually mini beef Wellingtons.. Now Beef Wellington is a dish that looks and sounds so fancy and I had never made it before last night. Having made it once (crudely as you can tell from the pics to follow), I might even […]
Ok so the mystery is over… These ingredients turned into this: What is it? Why it’s Seafood Newburg, of course! Out latest offering from Culinary School. You can find a bunch of recipes here but even though I was on the rice portion of the evening, I can tell you there was lobster tail, prawns, […]
Check out the ingredients we had at chef school tonight… What could they be destined for? More on the finished product on Saturday, after consumption…. – Post From My iPhone
Since we received fiddleheads in our weekly organics delivery, we needed to figure out what on earth to do with them.. I mean, they are pretty and everything but we had no idea how to cook them etc… Googling around, I was greeted with warnings a go-go about how to cook them properly since they […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Travel Tuesday: some of my Montreal sweet spots
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!