Thanks to Cleo’s supervision, the maple smoked bacon got done today: According to Mr Neil Master Butcher, it looks to have “cooked” a bit too much versus “smoked”. The end bits are of course saltier (dry cure on outside), but I tasted a bit and it was certainly glorious. A fork was delivered to our […]
Ok, so we’ve planted the plants for the BLT challenge. We have even convinced friends to plant the arugula for the “greens”. Neil has ordered the pork belly from our local organic butcher – Rowe Farms. I ordered the curing salts. Today the kosher salts arrived for the curing. Cleo is VERY interested:
Why with a soft serve ice-cream of course! – Post From My iPhone
Ok, so in prep for the BLT challenge, we’re getting going on the tomatoes and some basil also. Lettuce to follow and the pork belly, well that will be in August when we get back from Laos… Here are the tomato and basil plants: and here’s Cleo, “helping”… Now, I really have to do some […]
Dear Dad, Since mum’s away this weekend and you’re in charge, I just thought I would remind you that, like the two of you, I like to eat. And just in case you forget, the food is kept in this cupboard: This one… Yup, that’s the right one!
what are you looking for?
- Adria J. Cimino on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Planning VIA Rail Transcon Trip in Sleeper/Business - FlyerTalk Forums on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Mr. Neil on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Lindsey on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- KarenP on French Fridays with Dorie: Coddled Eggs with Foie Gras