Uh huh, so yeah, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was a lovely sounding Salmon with Basil Tapenade (p 299). Lovely if you like salmon. Which I don’t. If I was at home I would have made this for Mr Neil but since I am not (and I was shopping for this on Monday […]
* Culinary icon Julia Child would have turned 100 years old on August 15th of this year. To honor her, the folks at YC Media and Random House/ Alfred A. Knopf are launching the JC100: an international campaign involving restaurants, chefs, bookstores, and bloggers, all celebrating Julia and her legacy. Their goal is to raise one million voices in tribute to Julia, and I […]
This month’s Kitchen Bootcamp challenge was Chapter 20 of The Professional Chef “Grilling and Broiling, Roasting and Baking”. I simply could not NOT post the recipe (well, it’s more a method than a recipe per se) for Mr Neil’s famous roast chicken. For us, roast chicken is a simple staple meal – we have it […]
I’ve been going through my folder of recipes recently and have come across a few old favourites – like these devilled drumsticks. I have my mum to thank for many of these recipes – she photocopied them for me when I first moved to Paris in 1995 – not that I had a kitchen big […]
Some of you might know already that I contribute recipes to Gojee – a fabulously delicious site which collects recipes from around the web and makes them searchable by ingredient – beware, it’s pretty darned addictive! From time to time, Gojee hosts events in New York City, gathering contributors together over, what else? Food and […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (M. Jacques’ Armagnac chicken, pp 204-205) was one I had been looking forward to for a while. I love a roast chicken – in fact, it’s often our “go to” meal when we can’t think of something else to cook. This way we’ll have leftovers for weekday lunches […]
what are you looking for?
- Book review: Sweet & Simple by Christine Lane
- Giveaway: Win a signed copy of Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane (Canada)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!