This month’s Charcutepalooza challenge was one I really enjoyed. First of all, nearly all of the options (rillettes, confit and roulade) appealed to me – the galantine I will perhaps try at some point in the future. In any case, as soon as Neil saw that he was able to make duck confit again, he […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe will make you rethink roast chicken. Often Neil will roast a chicken on Sunday afternoon and we will eat that for dinner with enough for leftovers through the week. But you know, sometimes you don’t want to be dealing with leftovers and even the smallest chicken will yield […]
It’s my first “French Friday with Dorie” in Paris. One that I have cooked in my tiny tiny kitchen. I mean, it’s REALLY TINY. About 90cm across. See. Not exactly a cook’s dream but hey, it’s in Paris, right? Beggars can’t be choosers. The apartment has a quiet bedroom and wonderful light. And, it’s in […]
I was so fortunate to meet Adell Shneer at a Women’s Culinary Network event in Toronto back in November. Not only does she have a dream job working for Canadian Living which I find absolutely fascinating (and would love to know more about – hint hint!), but she immediately offered to come and work with […]
This month’s Charcutepalooza challenge was brining and for a couple of weeks there, it seemed there wasn’t a minute in the ELTW household that we were not either brining meat or cooking brined meat. Not too challenging in itself, our major challenge was finding the space in our fridge for meat brining containers! We started […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway