(image -Creative Commons via Cookipedia) The Food.com Kitchen dictionary gives the following definition: Beurre manié (French “kneaded butter”) is a dough, consisting of equal parts of soft butter and flour, used to thicken soups and sauces. By kneading the flour and butter together, the flour particles are coated in butter. When the beurre manié […]
So our last “hands-on” class in Culinary II was making Beef Stephanie – actually mini beef Wellingtons.. Now Beef Wellington is a dish that looks and sounds so fancy and I had never made it before last night. Having made it once (crudely as you can tell from the pics to follow), I might even […]
Ok so the mystery is over… These ingredients turned into this: What is it? Why it’s Seafood Newburg, of course! Out latest offering from Culinary School. You can find a bunch of recipes here but even though I was on the rice portion of the evening, I can tell you there was lobster tail, prawns, […]
Check out the ingredients we had at chef school tonight… What could they be destined for? More on the finished product on Saturday, after consumption…. – Post From My iPhone
(thanks to Cathy who already wrote a post about this on her blog. If it weren’t a private blog, I would totally make a link here since you already did all the hard work!) Every spring, Neil and I get together with our friends Cathy and Steve (and their daughters Charlotte and Sophia) from Grand […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)