France. Cheese. Wine. Sounds like the perfect combination, right? But have you ever stood in a wine or cheese store in France and been so overwhelmed that you simply don’t know what to choose? There are something like 400+ cheeses (and wines???) in France so choosing one can be challenging especially if you don’t know […]
Last summer, when we were staying in Languedoc-Roussillon, we ventured a little further afield in our day trips a couple of times. We visited the Camargue and its salt marshes one day and another day we headed to Roquefort-sur-Soulzon in the Aveyron department. Being four big cheese fans, we decided we couldn’t pass up an […]
It baked. It rose. It fell. Pretty much sums up this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Muenster Cheese Soufflés, p 152). I’m not so good at making soufflés. Well actually I am not so good at getting the photo of a soufflé. I’ve never managed to get a photo of one still risen […]
Late last year, I was invited to an event at The Cookbook Store in Toronto put on by Sobeys with Andy Shay (Sobeys’ resident cheese expert) and Juliet Harbutt. Harbutt is one of the world’s leading authorities on cheese, author of 11 cheese books (including the popular World Cheese Book), and founder of the British […]
Les Petits Chefs were lucky little guys earlier this week as not only were they dismissed from school extra early, but they got to visit Cheese Boutique on our first ever Petits Chefs field trip! We’re fortunate enough to call Afrim from Cheese Boutique an alum of our school and now his nephew is in […]
what are you looking for?
- Janet Butler on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)