Looking for a way to give back to the community and honour those people who inspire you in the kitchen everyday? This holiday season, Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is celebrating the food heroes in our lives, and inviting you to do the same. What is Community Food Centres Canada? CFCC provides resources and a proven […]
* For non-Canadians reading this, “toonie” refers the Canadian $2 coin. I don’t know about you but if I had to choose to eat only at one meal a day for the rest of my life, I’d probably choose breakfast. It’s my favourite meal – you can go either sweet or savoury – and it […]
For the last Petits Chefs session of the year, I decided to test the recipe I contributed to the Peko Peko Charity Cookbook for Japan: Mushroom and Scallion Tamagoyaki. In March, when Japan was rocked by the 9.0 earthquake, the food blogging community was fast to react. All across the world, bake sales and other […]
I remember when the earthquake struck Haiti in 2010 and a flurry of blogger activity followed, resulting in wonderful fundraising efforts like BlogAid cookbook and Cupcakes for Haiti (to name but two). I was pretty new to blogging (and, in fact, the Toronto food scene) at that point and all I could do was stand […]
what are you looking for?
- Book review: Sweet & Simple by Christine Lane
- Giveaway: Win a signed copy of Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane (Canada)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!