The January 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Astheroshe of the blog accro. She chose to challenge everyone to make a biscuit joconde imprimé to wrap around an entremets dessert. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you will know that generally speaking I make tiny tiny amounts of the Daring Bakers’ […]
Well there had to be a first, right? A first recipe for French Fridays with Dorie that didn’t work out quite as expected. I mean, it didn’t taste bad – in fact it tasted amazing. It just didn’t do what it was supposed to and didn’t look like it did in the book. Still, it […]
It’s funny – when I lived in France, I missed the most inane things. Amongst which were cake mixes. Now before you get on my back about “real food”, I have two caveats to offer: 1. I was very young. 2. I lived in a teeny tiny chambre de bonne (basically a glorified cupboard on […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie was hands down the easiest dessert I have made in a long time. Almost too easy, in fact. It’s so easy you could throw it together in about 15 minutes on a weeknight and have a delectable dessert in just over an hour. Danger, danger! What I really loved […]
No, no, it’s not a macaron up there ^^ but before you click away let me explain… I have to say I wasn’t entirely thrilled with this month’s Mactweets theme, A Childhood Summer. For me, summers meant Christmas – and I am not ready to start thinking about that just yet, having just started school […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month