If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you might remember we took a trip to Burma/ Myanmar a couple of Christmases ago (I’ve written about some of my experiences here and you can check out my iPhone photos “on the go” here) One of the best discoveries on that trip was the food […]
Yes, it’s Cookbook Book Club time again – my once a month “cooking from the same cookbook” dinner with Jan from Family Bites and Jenn from Chocolate Shavings. We’ve already had dinner with Marcella, dinner with Nigella, dinner with Ottolenghi and dinner with Maria Speck, and this month we chose to have dinner with Naomi […]
I’m always blown away by the generosity of Toronto chefs and food enthusiasts who come out to work with the Petits Chefs and this week we can add “award winning author” to the lineup. That’s right, Naomi Duguid, just back from a trip to Iran and headed to the Taste Canada awards (where her book […]
Kalaw, the small hill-town, founded by the British who retreated there when the Burmese plains got too hot for them was one of the most charming places we visited on our recent trip to Burma. Although it’s definitely a gathering place for serious hiking enthusiasts, it also boasts a charming morning market (best enjoyed as […]
En route to Inle Lake, we stopped for a night and 2 days in Kalaw, a small hill-town (with an altitude of 1320 metres) founded by the British for whom the Burmese plains were too hot. Indeed, it was the chilliest place we visited throughout our trip and surprisingly, it was one of my favourites […]
what are you looking for?
- Janet Butler on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)