Last week, Les Petits Chefs tried something a little different – granola! As a teacher, I know the importance of a healthy breakfast (wait, that sounds a little too much like the Nutella commercial doesn’t it?) and I can totally tell when my students don’t eat breakfast or have something insubstantial – by about 9am […]
For this month’s RSVP Redux submission, I took advantage of having a bunch of people over for brunch one weekend to make pancakes. I love pancakes and always order them when I am out but at home, when it’s just the two of us, I don’t make them. Cos, you know, we would just eat […]
This month’s International Incident Party theme was tacos! Since I kind of slacked off the past couple of parties, you know when I didn’t make my own dumpling wrappers and then when Conor and I didn’t make noodles from scratch… I figured I better pick up my game this time. I hunted around for some […]
For this week’s Keep it Local Challenge meal, we had a glut of produce to choose from after our organics delivery on Friday – amongst it, shallots and potatoes from August’s Harvest in Stratford, Ontario and yellow peppers from Dolway Organic Garden in the Thames River Valley. Also, some beautiful tomatoes from our friends’ back […]
On our recent trip to Laos, we were not expecting to be blown away by the food but were very pleasantly surprised at not only the variety of food we encountered but also the freshness and quality. And all very do-able in a Western kitchen, as you can see from our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote