Happy Australia Day! Well it doesn’t feel like much of an Australia Day to me though it’s for sure much balmier than one might expect of Toronto on January 26th ;) to mark the occasion, I present to you: more bread. Damper (Australian soda bread), to be exact. For those of you who read my […]
See that up there ^^^^^ Yes, that’s bread. Baked by me. I know, I know, it’s not really that impressive, but if you consider the last time I posted about bread, well, I have come a really long way…. Oh sure, I can make macarons but bread and yeasted breads in particular have always eluded […]
This month for Kitchen Bootcamp, Jen challenged us to try something different with sandwiches. It just so happens that I was challenging myself to make a recipe featuring the fabulous Fred’s Bread and trying to recreate a very special dish from way back when I was just discovering my foodie tendencies. Let’s talk for a […]
Basic Pizza Dough Adapted from The North End Italian Cookbook by Marguerite DiMino Buonopane Ingredients: 3/4 cup lukewarm water 1 package dry yeast 1/8 teaspoon sugar 3 cups unbleached flour (. W eused white whole-wheat flour and only used about 2.5 cups since Jen told me that it “felt right” with that amount, the weather […]
I say it takes a city to make a BLT from scratch… Earlier this summer, I read about Michael Ruhlman’s challenge to make our own bacon, bread and mayonnaise and grow tomatoes and greens to make a BLT from scratch. We started out just thinking about it: We planted a tomato plant: Bought a pork […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Candy (Dulce) on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote