Ok, so we’ve planted the plants for the BLT challenge. We have even convinced friends to plant the arugula for the “greens”. Neil has ordered the pork belly from our local organic butcher – Rowe Farms. I ordered the curing salts. Today the kosher salts arrived for the curing. Cleo is VERY interested:
Ok, so in prep for the BLT challenge, we’re getting going on the tomatoes and some basil also. Lettuce to follow and the pork belly, well that will be in August when we get back from Laos… Here are the tomato and basil plants: and here’s Cleo, “helping”… Now, I really have to do some […]
Here’s Neil’s homework, in preparation for this summer’s BLT challenge.
“Home made BLT” anyone? Yes, you read that right – “home made”. But how do you “home make” a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich? From scratch, of course! This is the challenge chef Michael Ruhlman has put to his readers this summer on his popular blog ruhlman.com. The basic premises of the challenge are simple: […]
what are you looking for?
- Jody on Smoothie all the things: a (Canadian) giveaway
- Coco in the Kitchen on French Fridays with Dorie: Two Tartines from La Croix Rouge
- Tracey on Smoothie all the things: a (Canadian) giveaway
- Alice on French Fridays with Dorie: Garbure from the supermarket
- Sarah on Smoothie all the things: a (Canadian) giveaway