but we sure had fun trying! We’ll be doing it again next year (actually we’re curing more bacon and pancetta right now…) Check out the winners of Michael Ruhlman’s BLT from Scratch winners here…. Photo by Jerad Dunnohew (the overall winner!)
“Wow” is all I can say! You can read more about his sandwich here. As it says in his post, his wife (and photographer) Donna will be reviewing the entries for the contest this week and will post the results next week. I am not hopeful we will win anything but boy, it sure was […]
Well our second tomato plant finally started producing fruit (it’s now about 6 feet high -a bit of a slow developer!) so it looks like some more tomato salads are going to be in order. Speaking of tomatoes, some of our friends were quite unhappy that they missed out on the BLT from scratch extravaganza […]
I say it takes a city to make a BLT from scratch… Earlier this summer, I read about Michael Ruhlman’s challenge to make our own bacon, bread and mayonnaise and grow tomatoes and greens to make a BLT from scratch. We started out just thinking about it: We planted a tomato plant: Bought a pork […]
After the bacon and the first pancetta (and tomatoes!)….. We proudly present… Check back in Sunday to see how we get on with our BLT from scratch meal (for 20 - yikes!!!!)
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote