ANZAC biscuits (cookies) Ingredients 1 cup oats 1 cup plainflour 1 cup sugar 3/4 cup coconut 4 oz butter 2 tablespoons golden syrup 1/2 tspn baking soda 1 tablespoon boiling water Method Combine oats, flour, coconut and sugar. Melt butter and syrup. Mix soda with boiling water and stir into the butter, then stir into […]
The 2010 March Daring Baker’s challenge was hosted by Jennifer of Chocolate Shavings. She chose Orange Tian as the challenge for this month, a dessert based on a recipe from Alain Ducasse’s Cooking School in Paris. To tell you the truth, my heart wasn’t really into this challenge from the start – something to do […]
Today’s destination: Adelaide Central MarketToday’s theme: Baked Goods Ubiquitous. Along with: Mini pasties and Mini sausage rolls. (these frog cakes looked a little tired but I was glad to see them nonetheless!) The real deal custard tarts have finally made it to Australia! Hooray! Kitchener buns. Wikipedia describes them as: a split bun made from […]
Aren’t they lovely??? But what are they?? Why it’s a frog cake, of course – they even have a Wikipedia entry! It’s a basic sponge cake square with a jam layer in the middle coated in thick fondant (brown, pink or green) icing with a round “head” made of sticky sweet cream and slit to […]
what are you looking for?
- Maria on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Leslie R on Sweet potato, balsamic-caramelized onion and goat cheese galette
- Pam M on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Chocolate Shavings on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Mardi Michels on Tarte flambée, Flammekueche, Flammkuchen