So my mum phoned me on Saturday night to ask how the BLT from scratch dinner went which reminded me that whilst I know that the date changed and the participants (eaters) have been informed, I didn’t write about the tomato disaster here. So when I got home from my trip, I was very disappointed […]
Last night we had friends over for dinner and whilst we are not quite ready to hit the ground running with the BLT challenge (September 12th people!!!) because the pancetta is still not ready, there is quite a bit of bacon in the freezer that I hadn’t yet tasted… So we fried up some slices… […]
Another post from Mr Neil, Master Butcher: So tonight we decided to cook up some of the thick slices of our good friend George. I must say, they look very nice in the frypan! It ended up being the centrepiece of dinner, they were so thick. (With apologies for the odd-looking dinner…am in “clean out […]
Preparations for the pancetta hanging are well underway back in Toronto. More from Mr Neil, Master Butcher: We did not have a proper wine cellar thermometer before (quelle surprise!). Meaning, one which has min/max memory for temp, but also a hydrometer to measure humidity. Needed to check on cellar conditions for the hanging event mid-week…. […]
Thanks to Cleo’s supervision, the maple smoked bacon got done today: According to Mr Neil Master Butcher, it looks to have “cooked” a bit too much versus “smoked”. The end bits are of course saltier (dry cure on outside), but I tasted a bit and it was certainly glorious. A fork was delivered to our […]
what are you looking for?
- Candy (Dulce) on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Angel Reyes on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Angel Reyes on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Cakelaw on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote