If you didn’t already figure out from the last few posts about Laos what we might be doing for our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 dinner tonight, here’s one last hint… Be sure to check in tomorrow (well, maybe not too early!) to find out how it all went!
The third and final instalment of the story of our cooking class run by Tamarind restaurant in Luang Prabang, Laos. You can read the first instalment here and the second here! The last savoury dish we attempted was Orlam (Luang Prabang stew). According to Joy, the chef at Tamarind, this used to be a simple, […]
Continuing the story of our culinary adventures at Tamarind Restaurant’s cooking class in Luang Prabang, Laos, after making sticky rice and Lao “dips”, we started work on a classic Lao dish – Mok Pa (fish steamed in banana leaf). Here’s the recipe for four people: Ingredients Sticky rice powder5 shallots3 cloves garlic1 chili (or to […]
At the cooking class we took through Tamarind Restaurant in Luang Prabang in Laos, the first thing we learned how to make was sticky rice. Also known as “glutinous rice”, it is, in fact, gluten free. In Laos, sticky rice is used as a utensil for eating food. You take a small ball of the […]
When Neil and I arrived in Bangkok (he from Toronto and me from Sydney – good flight coordination meant we arrived within an hour of each other), we both excitedly pulled our articles we had saved from Thai Airways’ in-flight magazine about cooking schools in Luang Prabang. Luang Prabang where we were going to have […]
what are you looking for?
- What’s cooking? Cranberry-coconut chocolate cream cheese truffles
- Food Revolution Ambassador Monthly Challenge for November 2014: Slow cooker curried squash soup and Naan
- French Fridays with Dorie: Storzapretis
- Les Petits Chefs visit Lisa Marie (and a Street Food Diaries giveaway!)
- Mastering the Art of French Eating now in paperback (and a giveaway!)
- Edna on Mastering the Art of French Eating now in paperback (and a giveaway!)
- Edna on What’s cooking? Cranberry-coconut chocolate cream cheese truffles
- Mardi Michels on French Fridays with Dorie: Storzapretis
- Diane Zwang on French Fridays with Dorie: Storzapretis
- Janet on Les Petits Chefs visit Lisa Marie (and a Street Food Diaries giveaway!)