If you didn’t already figure out from the last few posts about Laos what we might be doing for our Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 dinner tonight, here’s one last hint… Be sure to check in tomorrow (well, maybe not too early!) to find out how it all went!
The third and final instalment of the story of our cooking class run by Tamarind restaurant in Luang Prabang, Laos. You can read the first instalment here and the second here! The last savoury dish we attempted was Orlam (Luang Prabang stew). According to Joy, the chef at Tamarind, this used to be a simple, […]
Continuing the story of our culinary adventures at Tamarind Restaurant’s cooking class in Luang Prabang, Laos, after making sticky rice and Lao “dips”, we started work on a classic Lao dish – Mok Pa (fish steamed in banana leaf). Here’s the recipe for four people: Ingredients Sticky rice powder5 shallots3 cloves garlic1 chili (or to […]
At the cooking class we took through Tamarind Restaurant in Luang Prabang in Laos, the first thing we learned how to make was sticky rice. Also known as “glutinous rice”, it is, in fact, gluten free. In Laos, sticky rice is used as a utensil for eating food. You take a small ball of the […]
When Neil and I arrived in Bangkok (he from Toronto and me from Sydney – good flight coordination meant we arrived within an hour of each other), we both excitedly pulled our articles we had saved from Thai Airways’ in-flight magazine about cooking schools in Luang Prabang. Luang Prabang where we were going to have […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on Flourless chocolate-hazelnut cake for World Nutella Day 2014
- Jessica on Flourless chocolate-hazelnut cake for World Nutella Day 2014
- Ann Mah on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Sunshine G on Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)
- French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils
- Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)