We just returned from Copenhagen where we faced the dilemma of “so much to see/ eat, so little time.” Because basically we were there for one very special meal, we had not made any other restaurant reservations yet, being my first time in Denmark and Neil’s first time there in a very long time, we […]
About Mardi Michels
Next week I’ll be heading into the final term of the school year. Typically known as the term that you miss if you blink. Although it’s long, it feels like it goes by in a flash – the key to getting everything done that you need to is being organized. And not just at work. […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (sausage-stuffed Cornish hens, p 266) made me make a mental note to eat Cornish hens more often. You know when sometimes you feel like a roast chicken but there’s only one (or two) of you and a whole bird seems like a lot to cook? Now there’s nothing […]
It’s nearly here! Next Thursday, March 20th 2014 is the Jour du Macaron or Macaron Day. I’m thrilled to see Macaron Day Toronto in its third year (you may remember how excited I was for theToronto edition’s first year touring the majority of the participating bakeries), once again raising funds to support the Red Door […]
Yes, it’s Cookbook Book Club time again – my once a month “cooking from the same cookbook” dinner with Jan from Family Bites and Jenn from Chocolate Shavings. We’ve already had dinner with Marcella, dinner with Nigella and dinner with Ottolenghi and this month, we chose to have dinner with Maria Speck using recipes from […]
what are you looking for?
- Maria on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Leslie R on Sweet potato, balsamic-caramelized onion and goat cheese galette
- Pam M on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Chocolate Shavings on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Mardi Michels on Tarte flambée, Flammekueche, Flammkuchen