Was wondering what to do with my green garlic that arrived in this week’s organic delivery…. I had made this chick-pea quinoa salad, courtesy of 101 cookbooks, before and it was delicious – I thought I might just substitute the red onion for my green garlic…. It was an excellent substitute – I made the […]
About Mardi Michels
I think Neil is a very happy camper. Found at Chabichou, right here in TorontoGo there now! However, now Neil has this book, I think he can probably practise making his own… n’est-ce pas?
(image -Creative Commons via Cookipedia) The Food.com Kitchen dictionary gives the following definition: Beurre manié (French “kneaded butter”) is a dough, consisting of equal parts of soft butter and flour, used to thicken soups and sauces. By kneading the flour and butter together, the flour particles are coated in butter. When the beurre manié […]
(can you tell I am sorting out my iPhoto library? Hmmm… seems to be a lot of food pictures here!) Ok, so it’s just basically what we would call a cobb salad over here, I guess – a pretty simple mix of ham, cheese, egg, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, olives. But just so delicious. I guess […]
Ok, so as we all know, I love liquorice. Doesn’t have to be anything special – just regular liquorice will do… But check out these ones we found in Bayonne last summer – so pretty and yummy to boot!
what are you looking for?
- Adriana on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Paula on Les Petits Chefs check out The Cheese Boutique
- sanya on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Canelles | Kitchen Therapy on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Mary Hirsch on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!