Thanks to Cleo’s supervision, the maple smoked bacon got done today: According to Mr Neil Master Butcher, it looks to have “cooked” a bit too much versus “smoked”. The end bits are of course saltier (dry cure on outside), but I tasted a bit and it was certainly glorious. A fork was delivered to our […]
About Mardi Michels
More from Mr Neil Master Butcher who is handling the bacon part of the BLT challenge… Here’s the belly, rinsed and patted dry from the fridge. (Sorry, I could not take picture of the process as my hands were a bit gucky!) Truth be told, I think it may have needed a few more days […]
Ok so when we were out and about in Sydney the other day, this sign caught my eye (as those of you who know me would imagine it might…) So I am there reading the sign in my jetlagged state wondering what on earth Obama has to do with this “salted coffee” craze. Well, nothing, […]
At first glance, yes, a lovely gooey cheese… However, on closer inspection: could it be… a dessert? Why yes, in fact – check out the outer packaging: Uh huh – it’s a mini cheesecake – complete with spoon! Of course, any dessert is much better with this: Double cream. Why can’t we get this in […]
Well on my way out of Adelaide, I managed to score a business class ticket which not only entitled me to access to the “Business Class lounge” where I enjoyed a nice glass of bubbly and a square of passion fruit cake: and up close: but also a hot meal on a short flight, complete […]
what are you looking for?
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Coco in the Kitchen on What’s cooking? Mini chicken pot pies