Here’s Neil’s homework, in preparation for this summer’s BLT challenge.
About Mardi Michels
A blog reader, Shelley who is originally from New Brunswick, emailed me the following information after reading my Fiddleheads post from a few weeks ago: “Being from New Brunswick this is one of the things that spring has in store – you pick them wild and take them home clean them up and then – […]
Not macaroons, the coconut flavoured North American imposter with a deceptively similar name. No, macarons. These: The ones above were actually brought back from Laudrée in Paris by a parent at my school who knows and understands about my macaron addiction. This same parent gave me a gift certificate and three sample macarons from Chabichou […]
“Home made BLT” anyone? Yes, you read that right – “home made”. But how do you “home make” a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich? From scratch, of course! This is the challenge chef Michael Ruhlman has put to his readers this summer on his popular blog ruhlman.com. The basic premises of the challenge are simple: […]
Last week’s Seafood Newburg left us with a lot of leftover sauce… What to do? 1. Purchase 2 lobsters on special from Grocery Gateway: 2. Sautée them in some a big dob of butter. 3. Slowly heat up the sauce with the sautéed lobster and voilà you have a lobster bisque-type dish. Delicious! (NB, we […]
what are you looking for?
- Ann Mah on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Mardi Michels on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Adria J. Cimino on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Joyce on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Planning VIA Rail Transcon Trip in Sleeper/Business - FlyerTalk Forums on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect