Today’s destination: Adelaide Central MarketToday’s theme: potatoes
About Mardi Michels
Today’s destination: Adelaide Central MarketToday’s theme: vegetablesToday’s colour: green Garlic shoots. Baby leeks. Baby asparagus. Broccolini. Avocados.
Today’s destination: Adelaide Central MarketToday’s theme: FruitToday’s colour: Yellow Corella pears from the Adelaide Hills. Bananas not grown with pesticides. Lady finger bananas. Various pears. (OK they’re not yellow but aren’t these heirloom tomatoes lovely??)
More from Mr Neil, Master Butcher: Here’s the Maple Bacon, in its finished form. You can see the bits of maple sugar…they look like corn kernels. They say the reason it’s important to have a rather tight fit in the container is to aid in the curing process. The salts draw the liquid out of […]
(Some more details about the pork belly curing from Mr Neil, Master Butcher): Here are the two curing mixes for comparison. Both use the Basic Dry Cure mix as a base, with slightly different proportions. Then there are various spices and sugars. On the right, the Maple Bacon cure. It features maple sugar flakes, just […]
what are you looking for?
- Lana Day on Smoothie all the things: a (Canadian) giveaway
- Flavoured breads | Jamie Oliver (UK) - Blogs on Les Petits Chefs make Jamie Oliver’s flatbread and dips
- HappinessSavouredHot on French Fridays with Dorie: Two Tartines from La Croix Rouge
- Mardi Michels on Cookbook Book Club: #dinnerwithMariaSpeck
- Candi Cuppage on Smoothie all the things: a (Canadian) giveaway