is an heirloom cauliflower??? I saw the sign before I saw the product last week at Rowe Farms and was intrigued. Then I saw it: Isn’t it beautiful??? Of course I picked it up, since we all know my penchant for purple vegetables – I was very much hoping that the purple colour would not […]
About Mardi Michels
Ok, so you’ve all read how much I loved the deep fried river weed in Vientiane and Luang Prabang (twice!) right? Well when I read that there was a restaurant in Vang Vieng serving deep fried MULBERRY leaves, how could I resist??? That’s right, the Vang Vieng Organic Farm grows mulberry trees, according to their […]
As part of last weekend’s Keep it Local challenge meal, I used the last of our tomatoes up to make this wonderfully simple but tasty soup. A very rag-tag bunch they were too… I picked up some local carrots from Rowe Farms to include also. Local onions from last week’s organic delivery were also needing […]
but we sure had fun trying! We’ll be doing it again next year (actually we’re curing more bacon and pancetta right now…) Check out the winners of Michael Ruhlman’s BLT from Scratch winners here…. Photo by Jerad Dunnohew (the overall winner!)
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Summer Reads: Olive Odyssey
- Ann Mah on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Mardi Michels on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Adria J. Cimino on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Joyce on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.