For some reason, when I was planning this week’s French Fridays with Dorie dish (Quiche Maraîchère, p 158), I wrote “bacon” on my shopping list. Because if you look at the photo in the book, it kinda looks like there is bacon in this quiche. When you actually read the recipe, however (you know, that […]
About Mardi Michels
Regular readers of this blog will know that I recently reviewed Sarah Elton’s latest book “Starting from Scratch” and I loved it. Ostensibly a book for teaching kids about food, it covers a variety of different aspects of food education. It’s the essential book for a curious kid but one which offers adults a whole […]
Even wanted to sell everything you own, take off on a never-ending round the world trip and create a new life for yourself? Well this travel memoir is for you! It’s the story of a couple who sold their house to travel the world, and who now lives “home free” 365 days a year. By […]
The third annual Food Revolution Day will be held on Friday May 16 2014 and this year the focus will be a theme close to my heart - inspiring kids all over the world to get excited about food and cooking from scratch. With over 40 million children worldwide now overweight or obese by the […]
There aren’t many desserts left in Around my French Table for us to make (as in, under 10 of them – cue panic!) and we’re rationing them out so I was pleased to see Visitandine (p 436) make the cut for this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe! Described as “a simple very white cake […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!