what’s the story behind these spoons??? As you probably worked out, Neil and I like nice cutlery… So when we saw these gorgeous spoons in Laos, we couldn’t resist. Sure, they’re not perfect but I think they are stunning in their simplicity (and they are very photogenic!!!). So what’s so special about them? Where do […]
About Mardi Michels
(or why I am clearly not a baker!) So it all started out when I decided that the BLT from scratch challenge was something Neil and I would participate in. I was completely convinced that this would be do-able. And, for the most part (the parts that we have a say in, so nothing to […]
(or a non-exhaustive guide on where to take 8 year-olds in Paris….) When I was in Melbourne recently, I had the fortune to meet my best friend from childhood’s twin 8 year-old boys, Joe and Sam. After commenting on their little hoodies and penchant for wearing them even though it was relatively warm, I made […]
As part of the Keep it Local challenge, we have pledged to make one meal per week from only local ingredients. You can see the rules of the challenge here. For this week’s meal, I deemed that “Ontario produce and meat” was local enough. Next week, it’s going to be much more local… More on […]
Our favourite site of Jars was Site 3, about 10km south of Site 2, again on a hill-top. To get to the site, you have to hike about 1.5kn through rice paddies… Andup a steep hill past some friendly water buffaloes: At the top of the hill you see this: Yes, it was pretty hot […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month