Reading my way around the blogosphere this past week, there has been a plethora of great recipes involving pumpkin. Two that caught my eye were Natalie’s Fiscalini cheddar risotto stuffed squash and Paula’s Risotto alla Zucca (pumpkin risotto). I was particularly interested in these because 1) I knew I had a bunch of different squash […]
About Mardi Michels
Ok, so yesterday, I thought I was pretty clever in my Hallowe’en “costume” (even more so because it did not involve any work!!!). But look what my friend Martha sent me last night: Yup, those are her sons’ costumes drying in the front garden. A golf ball and a lemon (“I have quirky kids” she […]
Of course, I was a chef! Wearing my chef whites from George Brown Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts. It was a crazy week at school with Parent Teacher interviews and then Hallowe’en craziness (imagine 156 sugared up, in costume kids!!!) but I made it! Looking forward to doling out the candy tomorrow night at […]
Did you know that October 28th was National Chocolate Day? Me neither. Apparently the PR folks who are handling some new products by Cadbury do because look what arrived at my school yesterday for me to review for the blog: Cadbury* Hot Chocolate Drink Maker The Cadbury* Hot Chocolate Drink Maker heats, melts, mixes and […]
One of the best things I have discovered about blogging in the past six months is the fact that there are so many like-minded folks out there! I mean, my “in person real life” friends all know how much I like food, photography, travel and writing, but some of them just aren’t blog readers (which […]
what are you looking for?
- Ann Mah on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Mardi Michels on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Adria J. Cimino on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Joyce on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Planning VIA Rail Transcon Trip in Sleeper/Business - FlyerTalk Forums on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect