Neil and I had been missing our daily bowl of noodle soup, our inevitable lunch whilst in Laos this summer so on the long weekend, we decided to try out a restaurant that we have been wanting to visit for a while now, Pho Phuong. It’s within walking distance of our house so after a […]
About Mardi Michels
The idea of a restaurant that serves as a “real-time learning experience” for students might strike fear in the discerning diner’s heart. However, when this same restaurant is described as a “destination of choice”, it begs to be put to the test. The Chef’s House is run by students in the full-time culinary and hospitality […]
Slowly but surely, I have watched our neighbourhood’s Polish roots recede over the years and Staropolska is no exception. Closed down in March, it reopened under the much less exotic name of Bistro 299, under the same ownership but presumably with a different vision for the place. I want to like Bistro 299, I really […]
I say it takes a city to make a BLT from scratch… Earlier this summer, I read about Michael Ruhlman’s challenge to make our own bacon, bread and mayonnaise and grow tomatoes and greens to make a BLT from scratch. We started out just thinking about it: We planted a tomato plant: Bought a pork […]
After the bacon and the first pancetta (and tomatoes!)….. We proudly present… Check back in Sunday to see how we get on with our BLT from scratch meal (for 20 - yikes!!!!)
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote