To piggyback on the BLT challenge this summer, this fall we are taking part in the Keep it Local challenge organised by the lovely Erin who I met in Boston at the Healthy Living Summit in August. The premise of this challenge is simple: – The challenge starts September 1st and ends September 27th; – […]
Michael Ruhlman has started to receive entries for the “BLT from scratch” challenge. He’s even started experimenting with his own BLT. Rachael of La Fuji Mama hosted a BLT dinner for her Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24. So how’s it looking for ELTW’s BLT from scratch dinner on September 12th?? Well much to my delight on […]
Last night we had friends over for dinner and whilst we are not quite ready to hit the ground running with the BLT challenge (September 12th people!!!) because the pancetta is still not ready, there is quite a bit of bacon in the freezer that I hadn’t yet tasted… So we fried up some slices… […]
Well, not quite around the world but the 12 flights I have taken in the last 33 days, it feels a little like it!! (that would be Toronto – Vancouver – Sydney – Adelaide – Melbourne – Sydney – Bangkok – Vientiane – Luang Prabang – Udon Ratchatani to Bangkok – Sydney – Vancouver – […]
More from Mr Neil Master Butcher who is handling the bacon part of the BLT challenge… Here’s the belly, rinsed and patted dry from the fridge. (Sorry, I could not take picture of the process as my hands were a bit gucky!) Truth be told, I think it may have needed a few more days […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!