On February 24th 2014, Canadians are invited to “bake a difference” through the second annual National Cupcake Day™ to benefit SPCAs and Humane Societies across Canada.
It’s easy to take part: register online at www.nationalcupcakeday.ca, collect donations through your “Online Bakery”, bake cupcakes and host a National Cupcake Day™ party for friends, family or colleagues on National Cupcake Day- February 24th, 2014.
National Cupcake Day™ will help shelters across Canada give a surrendered animal a new forever home; rescue a neglected or abused animal and give it a second chance at a new life; and provide emergency surgery to injured animals. The first annual National Cupcake Day™ in 2013 was a HUGE success, raising close to $400,000 Nationwide for animals who need our help the most!
Originally launched by the RSPCA in Australia, New South Wales, National Cupcake Day™ began in parts of Canada last year, and the initiative is growing across Canada in 2014. The BC SPCA and the OSPCA are jointly organizing this year’s national event, which is sponsored by Petsecure Pet Health Insurance, Agency59, BMO Bank of Montreal and Reynolds Consumer Products.
About SPCAs and Humane Societies
More than 86 SPCA and Humane Societies across Canada are participating in this year’s National Cupcake Day™. These societies are dedicated to a variety of life saving work that may include: enforcing animal welfare legislation; rehabilitation and adoption for lost, abused and abandoned animals; advocacy for companion, wild and farm animals; and humane education.
How to get involved with National Cupcake Day 2014:
You’re all encouraged to become a National Cupcake Day™ Host and join supporters who understand the importance of companion animals in our lives. Here’s how:
1. Register online at www.nationalcupcakeday.ca
2. You will receive a FREE Cupcake Host Welcome Package in the mail, which includes a poster, sticker, balloons, fundraising guide and recipes to get you started
3. Personalize your National Cupcake Day™ Online Bakery page and send it out to everyone you know
4. Encourage friends and family to support you by donating online
5. Plan your National Cupcake Day™ Party for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to eat your cupcakes
6. Bake, decorate, eat and share delicious cupcakes to raise funds for Canada’s SPCAs and Humane Societies
7. Collect and forward funds to SPCAs and Humane Societies in your community (visit www.nationalcupcakeday.ca for a list of who’s participating)
I won’t be hosting a bake sale this year but, like last year, I’ll be participating virtually by baking cupcakes, posting the recipe on National Cupcake Day, February 24th, 2014, and taking those cupcakes in to my colleagues for a Monday morning treat. I’ll be asking for donations in return for some Monday morning sweetness and, of course, if you like the look of the recipe over here that day, you’re encouraged to donate too.
If you’d like to visit my “online bakery”, we’re open for business already! Just head to my personal page on the National Cupcake Day website, where you will be able to donate to the cause.
Worldwide contest: Win a Letter from Paris! Closes February 13th 2014.