Four years ago today, I hit “publish” on my very first blog post.
Who knew what a huge part of my life eat. live. travel. write. would become? Certainly I was not expecting to still be blogging up a storm four years later!
I didn’t want to write one of those retrospective blog birthday posts (you know, most commented post, most views etc…) and I’m crazy busy right now recovering from FBC2013 and gearing up for Food Revolution Day so instead, I’ll keep this one short and sweet. This far down the track, though, it’s time to spend my summer taking a long hard look at this blog, really moving towards focussing and improving my writing and photos over the year to come. My long term gift to you, dear readers…
For now, to mark the occasion, I have a little something for my Canadian readers… It’s pretty…
And, fitting since my very first post was called “A few of my favourite things” it just happens to be one of my most favourite things in the kitchen…
A (Canadian) KitchenAid Stand Mixer Giveaway!
That’s right – thanks to the kind folks at KitchenAid Canada, I have ONE Artisan® Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Flour Power™ Rating – 9 Cup (2.1L) and one stand mixer attachment of your choice to give away to one lucky Canadian resident!
How to enter:
There are 3 ways to enter (maximum of three entries per person for the duration of the contest).
- Leave me a comment on this post telling me me the first thing you would “whip up” with your KA stand mixer.
- Go to the “More than a Mixer” tab on the KitchenAid Canada Facebook Page choose the attachment you would want to try out and come back here to leave a comment telling me your which one (and why!).
- Tweet the following message: “I entered to win a Kitchen Aid stand mixer+ attachment from @eatlivtravwrite + you can too (Canada only) http://bit.ly/YHzjAw” then come back to leave a comment on this post letting me know you did.
Good luck and thanks for reading!
Eligibility and contest rules:
- Open to Canadian residents only.
- No purchase of any product necessary for entry.
- Winner will be chosen randomly (using www.random.org) from all qualified entries on Wednesday May 29th 2013 after 6pm EST.
- Winner will be contacted via email on Thursday May 30th 2013.
- Winner must answer a skill-testing question in order to claim the prize.
- The prize consists of of one Artisan® Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Flour Power™ Rating – 9 Cup (2.1L) in the colour of your choice and one stand mixer attachment.
UPDATED on May 29th 2013: Thanks for entering everyone, a winner has been chosen!
* Did you know – it’s Food Revolution Day on Friday May 17th? Find out how you can get involved and Cook it. Share it. Live it. for #FRD2013 in this post.
** Hey Canadians, there are some cool prizes to be won over on the Canadian Lentils Love your Lentils site – a blogger, a home chef, and a voter will all win the chance to join Chef Michael Smith in Saskatchewan on June 23, 2013 for a culinary adventure. I have two recipes in the running!