(Wordless Wednesday) Nam Pan Market (Inle Lake, Burma)

The location of the “floating market” around the Lake changes depending on the day. Click here for the 2013 calendar for the Inle Lake Floating Markets.

Check out my iPhone set of photos from Burma here.

Related: The Cats of Inle Lake

, , , , ,

13 Responses to (Wordless Wednesday) Nam Pan Market (Inle Lake, Burma)

1. Marina@Picnic at Marina January 30, 2013 at 09:40 #

Beautiful! I want one of those colorful bags, no, I want two: it’s perfect to go to a farmer’s market! And all those spices make my head spin. Lovely post! :)

2. Paula January 30, 2013 at 11:37 #

Wonderful photos Mardi. What a lovely trip you must have had. I hope you brought home one of those beautiful shopping baskets.

3. Colette January 30, 2013 at 14:18 #

Pictures worth a thousand words…

4. The Mistress of Spices January 30, 2013 at 22:08 #

Oh my word! I’m tempted to book a flight right now. Beautiful photos, as always!

5. Edna February 3, 2013 at 10:55 #

I love how many of your shots include the people as well — I like market photos, but I enjoy them even more when I can see the faces behind the products! Gives me something to think about.

• Mardi Michels March 2, 2013 at 18:58 #

I’ve tried to get better at including people! Thank you!

6. Corinne @ Gourmantic February 4, 2013 at 21:35 #

Beautiful pics, Mardi! iPhone photos show a different perspective to a DSLR, and I quite like it…

• Mardi Michels February 5, 2013 at 05:40 #

Thanks Corinne, although these ARE my DSLR pictures… the link at the bottom is to my iPhone pictures ;)

7. Sara Chukoian @Green Travel Review April 9, 2014 at 00:30 #

Whenever I travel, I always enjoy the local markets. It gives me a chance to experience the culture and lets be honest, its so fun! I have yet to travel to Inle Lake, Burma, but I am sure I would love it. The spices are making my mouth water. I can just imagine the amazing aroma. The pictures are magnificent. I am definitely adding it to my bucket list. Great post, thank you for sharing!

-Sara