T’is the season for giving, right? Well in today’s post there’s a gift for everyone and a very special gift for one lucky reader 🙂
You all know how often I make macarons, right? And you must know by now how lost I would be without my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, right? I’ve made so many macarons over the past few years and the Kitchen Aid makes it so easy. I’ve worked a lot on tweaking my go-to recipe, down to timing how long to whip the egg whites at different speeds on the mixer. But if you’re not using a stand mixer, it’s often hard to visualise what the egg whites look like at the various stages. Which is why I made a little video for you all today, showing exactly how they look. I hope you find it useful! I have a couple more videos (the macaronnage – folding the dry ingredients into the meringue – and my piping technique) to share with you soon too!
You can find my go-to macaron recipe in this post.
A (Canadian) Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer Giveaway!
And because it is the season of giving, thanks to the kind folks at Kitchen Aid Canada, I have ONE Artisan® Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Flour Power™ Rating – 9 Cup (2.1L) to give away to one lucky Canadian resident!
How to enter:
There are 3 ways to enter (maximum of three entries per person for the duration of the contest).
1. Leave me a comment on this post telling me me the first thing you would “whip up” with your KA stand mixer.
2. Go to the Kitchen Aid Colourology website, take the quiz to find your KA stand mixer colour and come back here to leave a comment telling me your colour.
3. Tweet the following message: “I entered to win a Kitchen Aid stand mixer from @eatlivtravwrite and you can too (Canada only) http://bit.ly/Swcqvj” then come back to leave a comment on this post letting me know you did.
Eligibility and contest rules:
– Open to Canadian residents (excluding residents of Québec)
– No purchase of any product necessary for entry.
– Winner will be chosen randomly (using www.random.org) from all qualified entries on December 14th after 4pm EST.
– Winner must answer a skill-testing question in order to claim the prize.
– Winner will be announced on eat. live. travel. write. on Saturday December 15th.
– The prize consists of of one Artisan® Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Flour Power™ Rating – 9 Cup (2.1L) in the colour of your choice
Macaron classes in Toronto
If you’re in Toronto, I have a few macaron classes scheduled in the next few months – including a December holiday-themed class! Check out my schedule here.
Disclosure: Kitchen Aid Canada is supplying one stand mixer to give away to the winner of this contest. I have not been compensated for writing this post.