Murdoch Books 365 Challenge: Easy fruit sorbet

This is my final post in the Murdoch Books 365 Challenge, where cooks across the world are working their way through Stéphane Reynaud’s whimsical culinary almanac – “365 Good Reasons to Sit Down to Eat.”

This time I was charged with making a fruit sorbet with only 3 ingredients – really!  And it was so easy I whipped it up in 15 minutes!

Want to know how it turned out? Head over to the Murdoch Books’ 365 Challenge Blog where you will find my post and others from those working their way through the book!

Interested in purchasing a copy of Stéphane Reynaud’s 365 Good Reasons to Sit Down to Eat? You can find it on Amazon or, for free worldwide shipping, buy it from The Book Depository.

26 Responses to Murdoch Books 365 Challenge: Easy fruit sorbet

1. Jill Colonna September 1, 2011 at 07:15 #

Wow – what a stunning photo. Glad I caught your last entry on this as it looks a super book! 3 ingredients and yummy too? Fabulous.

2. Mr. Neil September 1, 2011 at 08:12 #

Hmmm….looks more like an industrial by-product than a sorbet. One of the three ingredients wasn’t petroleum jelly, by any chance… ;-)

No, didn’t think so. Maybe I’ll get to try some. I’m sure it will taste splendid.

ICE CREAM LOVERS ALERT: This weekend we’re making several batches of peach ice cream, with fresh local peaches.

3. penny aka jeroxie September 1, 2011 at 08:27 #

lovely striking colours! And whipped in 15mins? WANT!

4. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. September 1, 2011 at 10:23 #

The color of this sorbet is amazing! I want to dive right into that bowl!

5. RavieNomNoms September 1, 2011 at 10:48 #

Oh I love the color!! It is so vibrant! I can only imagine how amazing the flavor must be!

6. Paula September 1, 2011 at 11:24 #

Got to love something that looks so delicious and whips up in so little time!

Judging by the smiley face after Mr. Neil’s comment I’m thinking it was tongue-in-cheek. If it wasn’t…no sorbet for him!

7. Liz September 1, 2011 at 15:27 #

Gorgeous, vibrant colored sorbet….I could eat a bowl or two right now!!! Weatherbug is flashing at 98º and something cool and refreshing sounds perfect~

8. debby September 1, 2011 at 15:29 #

So simple, but it looks so refreshing and delicious! Looking forward to do it :)

9. cat September 1, 2011 at 17:43 #

LOVE homemade fruit sorbet this time of year! we seem to have overpurchased with many of our favorite fruits this summer, so we’ve taken the extra and turned it into sorbet. the favorite was a cantaloupe – just fruit, sugar, and a tiny splash of orangina. delicious!

10. Mike@The Culinary Lens September 1, 2011 at 19:27 #

I am going to go and check this out, This looks so delicious. Only three ingredients but how they are combined is what counts.

11. Sandi September 1, 2011 at 21:09 #

Love that color. Ohh, another book to add to my list!

12. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction September 2, 2011 at 09:40 #

I just love the brilliant color of that sorbet. It looks amazing!

13. Vicki @ WITK September 2, 2011 at 14:54 #

That sorbet looks so bright and delicious! Mmmmm, I hope summer lasts a little longer so I can make some and enjoy it outside!