Wordless Wednesday: Scenes from Paris and London

Keep up with me this summer through my Summer 2011 Flickr set.

, , ,

73 Responses to Wordless Wednesday: Scenes from Paris and London

1. Kelly July 13, 2011 at 00:55 #

You’re photos are amazing! They make me want to jump on a plane right away, probably not helped by the fact that most of my best girlfriends are in and around London at the moment and I desperately need some girl time! But… I’m still waiting on my residency to come through, so chilly, grey, ‘summer’ in BC it will have to be! Thanks for brightening my otherwise rainy day :)

2. Notyet100 July 13, 2011 at 07:57 #

All these pics brought back so mny memories

3. kitchenarian July 13, 2011 at 08:20 #

I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing the beautiful scenes from Paris and London.

4. Renee - Kudos Kitchen July 13, 2011 at 08:21 #

Beautiful photos Mardi. I hope you’re having a wonderful time. I really enjoyed seeing through your lense. I’ve never been to either cities but hope to go someday, *she types wistfully*.

5. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen July 13, 2011 at 08:35 #

Beautiful! I’m almost there, only one more month to go and I’ll be in France! Although not Paris :-( No Pierre Herme for me.

6. Paula July 13, 2011 at 09:19 #

Fabulous shots Mardi. Enjoying *my* summer overseas vicariously through your blog :)

7. Andi July 13, 2011 at 10:27 #

GORGEOUS photos, just beautiful!

8. K A B L O O E Y July 13, 2011 at 12:47 #

Oh, Mardi, thanks for the little vicarious vacation. The pictures are gorgeous!

9. Annapet July 13, 2011 at 14:54 #

Oh, Mardi! I’m travelling virtually for now. I miss those places. It’s been too long. Thank you for sharing!

10. Joan Nova July 13, 2011 at 15:37 #

Stunning photos. Such interesting perspectives and clarity.

11. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts July 13, 2011 at 17:20 #

Amazing pictures! Makes me want to plan another trip. It has been 7 years since we have been to London, and more than I want to count since Paris :(

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite July 18, 2011 at 15:05 #

London has changed SO MUCH – for the better. It had been about 4 years since I was last there and I was so impressed with it this time around!

12. Karriann Graf July 13, 2011 at 18:09 #

Amazing photography Mardi! Thanks for sharing….

13. LiztheChef July 13, 2011 at 18:32 #

I want to grab my AmEx card and get on a plane…Lovely!

14. Melissa@EyesBigger July 13, 2011 at 18:34 #

now i miss London :(

15. Mike@The Culinary Lens July 13, 2011 at 19:03 #

I have been struggling with a vacation decision for next year. I had been playing with the idea of a two city trip to London and Paris and you may have just pushed me over the edge.
    You have some beautiful photos but the quirky aways jumps out at me. Where is Codfellas?

• cathy July 14, 2011 at 13:22 #

Codfellas – My fab fish and chip shop in SE15, also known as Bellenden Road, Peckham. (That’s London) They did do wet fish that you chose and they battered/fried to order but it wasn’t that sustainable. However they are part of the Fish Fight campaign – http://www.fishfight.net/

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite July 18, 2011 at 15:04 #

I do like the quirky too!

16. Nancy@acommunaltable July 13, 2011 at 20:54 #

Mardi –
    What beautiful photos of two of my favorite cities!! I thoroughly enjoyed them – they brought back such happy memories of my trips and whetted my appetite for another visit!!

17. Lora @cakeduchess July 13, 2011 at 22:01 #

Salut Mardi. Thank you for sharing these beautiful images from Paris. I feel like I’m there when I look at them. Ciao! Lora

18. Ann July 13, 2011 at 22:27 #

Wonderful! That’s an amazing wordless Wednesday!

19. Spicie Foodie July 14, 2011 at 07:18 #

Beautiful shot Mardi! It looks like you are having an amazing trip.

20. Adriana July 14, 2011 at 07:30 #

These are stunning, Mardi! No words needed at all. I have to make time to leaf through your Flickr soon. :)

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite July 18, 2011 at 15:02 #

Thanks, I figure it’s an easy way for people to pop in and take a look. Noone wants to see a blog post every day from me and my pictures!

21. penny aka jeroxie July 14, 2011 at 07:47 #

amazing photos sweetie!

22. Lisa (This Little Piggy) July 14, 2011 at 07:59 #

Lovely photos – god I miss Europe!

23. Ken│hungry rabbit July 14, 2011 at 09:39 #

Beautiful images. Thank you for taking us along the journey.

24. Brian @ A Thought For Food July 14, 2011 at 10:50 #

Thank you for taking us on this journey with you! Looks like you are having a fabulous time and that you’re making all the stops you need on this fantastic trip of yours.

25. foodwanderings July 14, 2011 at 10:56 #

Hey Mardi, Love that you are taking us on a tour of Europe through your photos. Looks like such a wonderful time. Gorgeous snapshots and angles. Love the rooftops!

26. Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family July 14, 2011 at 13:50 #

Beautiful!
    I love both London and Paris and your photos just bring tons of memories back.
    Thank you!
    I hope you are having a wonderful trip.

27. Maria July 14, 2011 at 16:57 #

What a fun trip! Thanks for sharing!

28. thatssoron July 14, 2011 at 20:20 #

such beautiful pictures! well done

29. Kate@Diethood July 14, 2011 at 22:24 #

Wow, Mardi, everything looks amazing! I’m kinda jealous.:)

30. Lisa (AuthenticSuburbanGourmet) July 14, 2011 at 23:15 #

Stunning photos! Two of my favorite cities and you just sent me down a great memory lane. :-)

31. Stephanie - The Travel Chica July 15, 2011 at 16:08 #

Brings back good memories!

32. Skylar July 16, 2011 at 10:21 #

Love the photos, especially the one of the market. Everything looks beautiful

33. Tami July 16, 2011 at 19:30 #

Completed my barista training yesterday…… napkin missing under the cup and spoon is in wrong position on saucer………never going to look at a cup of coffee the same way again :( !!!

197 to Peckham……spent hours on that bus when in Croydon for six weeks last year……….some great pictorial memories there Mardi……..kinda be nice 2 be in the warm English weather now.

Can you imagine the horror of mushy peas served with fish n chips in Ozzie…………………….

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite July 18, 2011 at 14:58 #

I can’t comment on the coffee except to say it was delicious… And never mind the 197 to Peckham – Cathy had me taking the “176 to Penge” – that was way scarier!

• cathy July 18, 2011 at 15:46 #

Not as scary as the no. 12 nightbus/party bus!!!
        The 176 to penge is a tame bus compared!

34. Winnie July 18, 2011 at 23:13 #

You are killing me with these photos. Amazing!

35. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction July 19, 2011 at 13:17 #

So many beautiful photos… I just love keeping up with your trip and living vicariously through your photos. They are amazing!

36. Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite September 7, 2011 at 21:10 #

Jenn and Winnie – thanks so much!