arrow47 Comments
  1. Dessert By Candy
    Jul 29 - 02:31

Agree that this is the quinessential summer dessert. Too bad there’s so much stigma against gelatine dessert. I was surprised by the clarity too.

2. Maya@Foodiva's Kitchen
    Jul 29 - 02:57

Your lovely terrine is packed full of fruits, and looked really, really light despite the gelatine. I can see why you enjoyed it so much!

3. one expat's life
    Jul 29 - 04:05

Your berry terrine looks just lovely.

And I live in Germany so I feel your pain on the weather front, this has been the most miserable summer I can remember. I was sitting at an outdoor cafe yesterday in a turtleneck and scarf!

4. Eliot
    Jul 29 - 05:53

Why, oh,why would one buy a box of jello again? I am sold!

5. I probably would have shied away from this recipe because of the gelatin. You’ve made me realize how elegant it is and gelatin isn’t a thing to fear from our past.

6. I like a little Jello now and then. I’m sure I’d love you elegant version.

7. Liz
    Jul 29 - 09:12

Mardi, your terrine is stunning! I love that you served it topped with more berries…mmmmmm.

8. Cher
    Jul 29 - 09:48

This is truly lovely, Mardi.
    I wish something like this had been around in my youth instead of the odd Jell-o salads of potluck lore…

9. Kate@Diethood
    Jul 29 - 10:40

That is gorgeous! I love that you added those macerated berries…I would have enjoyed that extra sweetness.

10. K A B L O O E Y
    Jul 29 - 10:44

This is a beautiful dessert, that I, a Jell-O, aspic and gelatin enemy, could love. I didn’t grow up with any of those molded Jell-O salads, just regular Jell-0 with the occasional addition of canned pineapple, but I just don’t like the stuff. Hope to change my mind if I keep seeing things as pretty as this. But still — it’s wiggly, right?

11. Andi of My Beautiful Adventures
    Jul 29 - 11:05

Looks incredibly delicious!

12. This looks wonderful with the fruit suspended…love the summer berries.

13. Curt
    Jul 29 - 11:58

It’s pushing 90 degrees today and getting warmer eah day. That looks just perfect for a day like this!

14. Your photos are amazing! This dessert looks so refreshing and delicious and I’m sure will convert anyone with a fruit/gelatin aversion 🙂

15. Steph I
    Jul 29 - 12:57

Mardi, As usual, your photos are to die for! You really captured the essence of this lovely dessert. Makes me want to try it again!

16. Kathleen
    Jul 29 - 20:32

This really looks gorgeous!

17. Ann
    Jul 30 - 00:13

Absolutely stunning – it’s like a slice of sunshine…

18. Betsy
    Jul 30 - 18:48

French terrine is so much more elegant than Jell-O. Yours looks beautiful. I especially like the berries spooned over it. Lovely.

19. penny aka jeroxie
    Jul 31 - 10:06

What a pretty pretty terrine. And just perfect for summer

20. Vicki @ WITK
    Jul 31 - 10:45

This is such a pretty dessert! It looks like the perfect thing to have with all this hot weather we’ve been having this summer!

21. Lola
    Jul 31 - 13:53

Gorgeous pictures! We loved this at my house.

22. Adriana
    Jul 31 - 21:33

Your terrine looks fantastic and I love the idea of serving it as a ‘palate cleanser’ after your Charcutepalooza meals. The macerated berries look fantastic. I’ll definitely make those when I try it with a grapefruit juice base.

23. This looks so beautiful, Mardi!

24. Paula
    Aug 06 - 12:16

Beautiful, refreshing dessert Mardi. Love the first dish it was photographed in too.