Spicy merguez moussaka

I’m thrilled to be sharing my recipe for Spicy Merguez Moussaka today over at my friend Jen’s site, My Kitchen Addiction.  She’s recovering from surgery and I had this recipe still to post  from last month’s Charcutepalooza challenge – meat grinding so I thought it would be perfect – not only is it insanely easy, but it’s one I know her husband Darron would enjoy too. Oh, and probably Yellowdog might like a taste of it since it didn’t turn out all that spicy ;)

Please head on over and check out the recipe and send some healing vibes to Jen!  While you are there, take some time to mosey around her site – it’s beautiful and I am sure you will find something you like :)

, , , ,

24 Responses to Spicy merguez moussaka

1. Belinda @zomppa May 31, 2011 at 05:36 #

Wishing her all the best! This moussaka is sure to make her (or anyone) smile!

2. penny aka jeroxie May 31, 2011 at 08:10 #

oh yum yum… hope jen gets well soon too

3. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction May 31, 2011 at 10:13 #

Thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful recipe on my site, Mardi! I truly appreciate it… And, you’re right, both Darron AND Yellowdog will surely enjoy it :)

4. Helene May 31, 2011 at 10:38 #

Nice post you did and that looks delicious with the Merguez.

5. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts May 31, 2011 at 10:54 #

What a great post you wrote! Love the recipe, it sounds wonderful!

6. Georgie May 31, 2011 at 11:00 #

Sending get well wishes and a speedy recovery! I love Moussaka, everything about it makes me melt! This recipe is a great take on the traditional one!

7. Paula May 31, 2011 at 11:49 #

What a true friend you are! You, not yet feeling 100% yourself and taking the time to help out Jen (and her husband and Yellowdog). I have no doubt they will enjoy this dish and the thoughtfulness behind it is the perfect addition to a great recipe.

8. Kate@Diethood May 31, 2011 at 13:24 #

Saw this on Jen’s blog… love your take on moussaka! I really like that you added the spicy merguez sausage… MMMMM!

9. Anna Johnston May 31, 2011 at 20:48 #

Gorgeous looking moussaka – you’ve really brought things up a notch with the spicy sausage – adore that idea :)

10. This looks amazing. Your guest post over at My Kitchen Addiction was a great read, and all that food talk got me hungry…perhaps I’ll give your spicy recipe a go!

11. The Food Hound June 1, 2011 at 20:37 #

OMG, that looks amazing! I have never made moussaka, but I love all the ingredients and I have about a million recipes for it. This one gets added to the list! As much as I love lamb, I would totally make this as written with the merguez, which I also love! So creative, love it!

12. Gwen~healthymamma June 4, 2011 at 20:18 #

Well I’m certainly intrigued! This looks just wonderful and I love all things spicy. I don’t know what merguez is but I’m headed over to Jen’s for the recipe.