Project 365

Yes, there it is!  My Project 365 for the year of 2010.  I did it! If you would like to see the photos in a larger size, click here.  Be aware that not all of these photos are edited – some are simple iPhone snapshots to capture a moment quickly.

What is Project 365?  The 365 project is a photography project where you document a year of your life by taking a daily photo and posting it.   Everyone can take part and join in! All you need is a camera.  Disclaimer: last year I posted some pictures not actually taken on the day to my stream – right at the beginning because I was out of the country and trying to catch up...

You might have noticed my Flickr widget (365 in 2011) in the sidebar – that’s my Project365 photostream that you will notice changes every day.  This year, I have joined both the Project 365 and the Project 365 Foodies Flickr groups and it’s great to see what others are doing and cheer each other on.  It’s actually quite challenging to remember to take a picture a day and post it.  Last year, I often remembered to take the photo but would find myself uploading a week at a time to Flickr. This year I have resolved to upload daily. We’ll see how that goes!

What’s stopping you? Get a Flickr account and start snapping away!

2011 is the year I plan to really work on my photography. I can already see how far I have come since 2005 when I started taking digital pictures but I also know how far I have to go.  So bear with me whilst I learn!  In the meantime, you can check out my pictures on Foodgawker, Tasteologie and Tastespotting.

46 Responses to Project 365

1. Jenn January 5, 2011 at 05:43 #

wow such an accomplishment to complete 365! Congrats!

2. penny aka jeroxie January 5, 2011 at 06:01 #

Am I too late to join??

3. Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris January 5, 2011 at 08:03 #

Oh Mardi…Congratulations!! You have so much energy…You do hundreds of great cooking things, you study…I wish I had all your energy..well, I’m older! (sniff, sniff)

4. Steph@stephsbitebybite January 5, 2011 at 08:12 #

What a cool prject!! I’m thinking this is something I would really love to do!

5. Belinda @zomppa January 5, 2011 at 08:16 #

Awesome! Can’t wait to see 2011!

6. Jen @ Keepitsimplefoods January 5, 2011 at 09:24 #

Very cool!

7. Kate @ Diethood.com January 5, 2011 at 10:18 #

I love the idea for this project! I want to do it! I just have to remember to take a pic every day. Thanks for sharing!

8. Daydreamer Desserts January 5, 2011 at 10:21 #

Congrats on completing the project, it’s quite an accomplishment as it requires so much dedication and commitment. Well done Mardi!

9. A Canadian Foodie January 5, 2011 at 10:21 #

I would love to see you stop by, now and then, Mardi… I am really trying to develop a bond between Canadian food bloggers (though I know you are from Austalia!!) to really have my finger on the pulse of what Canadian cuisine is. The two way dialogue is so important to me.
    Valerie

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite January 6, 2011 at 21:01 #

Valerie I stop by more blogs than I comment on – these days am commenting on very few – so just because I don’t comment, doesn’t mean I am not reading!

10. Paula January 5, 2011 at 10:59 #

Not only did you manage this project Mardi, you super exceeded it with your beautiful images. Congratulations. With everything else you had on your plate this year, the completion of this project is amazing.

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite January 6, 2011 at 21:00 #

Thanks – I really got a kick out of posting the last pic on Dec 31st – such a feeling of satisfaction!

11. Kristina @ spabettie January 5, 2011 at 13:47 #

congrats on completing the 365!! I loved following along with many this last year, and I am doing my own 365 this year!! I just posted my first five photos today! :D

12. cat January 5, 2011 at 14:52 #

oh, i do like this idea! i don’t know how you manage to do it all though . . . no sleep? ;)

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite January 6, 2011 at 20:59 #

It’s all about routine and organisation. Which, as a mum of 2 little girls, I am sure you can understand!

13. Paula - bell'alimento January 5, 2011 at 17:36 #

Beautiful Mardi! What a fantastic way to look back on your year in fotos : ) Happy New Year xoxo

14. Corinne @ Degustinations January 5, 2011 at 18:33 #

Well done!! It looks amazing! :)

I downloaded the app early last year then gave up! Might be time to resurrect it…

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite January 6, 2011 at 20:59 #

It DOES seem like an impossible feat when you are in the first 100 days but after that it goes really fast!

15. Ethan January 5, 2011 at 18:35 #

Mardi, I love how you’re always out there learning and challenging yourself. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you this past year and I look forward to more in 2011!

16. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction January 5, 2011 at 21:06 #

Wow, I’m super impressed that you pulled off Project 365 last year with everything else you had going on! I dropped out somewhere around July. I’m trying again this year, though.

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite January 6, 2011 at 20:58 #

Yes, I remember sitting on your couch with both of us updating our 365 projects at the same time! LOL!

17. Sara @CaffeIna January 5, 2011 at 21:47 #

Great job, Mardi! I’ve started the project too this year but it’s true. I’m already finding it hard to post the picture every day…above all those days when I’m out of the home for work from 7am to 7pm. But I hope to get better. Thanks for the inspiration and the links

18. Lael Hazan @educatedpalate January 6, 2011 at 09:39 #

I’m impressed and overwhelmed! This year I too resolve to get more comfortable behind the camera. I am still intimidated. My photos are either too blue or yellow and either the foreground or background are fuzzy. I need a workshop!

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite January 6, 2011 at 20:57 #

Oh you will see a few (actually quite a few) blue and yellow pics in there. I am coming to terms with Photoshop too…

19. Mr. Neil January 6, 2011 at 10:21 #

Hmmm…there are 368 pics in that mosaic, above – so which three are imposters? ;-)

20. Anna Johnston January 6, 2011 at 18:31 #

Nice one :)

21. Andrea@High/Low January 6, 2011 at 20:31 #

Very cool collage Mardi! Your photography is fantastic already, so I can’t wait to see how much further you’ll go!

22. Rhonda January 6, 2011 at 20:39 #

What an accomplishment! I can barely remember to take my medicine every day, let alone a picture…you obviously have more discipline that I do! Not sure you need to improve your photography…you are already so very good!

23. Mindy January 10, 2011 at 07:20 #

Great work and very impressive!

24. kate January 24, 2011 at 00:18 #

hi id like to do a 365 project.i dont exactly live an anxciting life.what did you find hel[ed u take pictures.as in what made you take pictures of the things you did every day.i no it can be anything you see in your day to day life,but i dont see many different scenes?is there any advice you can give?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention Project 365 -- Topsy.com - January 5, 2011

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mardi and hungrybuds. hungrybuds said: Project 365: Yes, there it is! My Project 365 for the year of 2010. I did it! If you would like to see the photo… http://bit.ly/ftmOO9 [...]

2. Mardi’s Iced *Faux-vo* Biscuits - January 10, 2011

[...] and having herself published in Foodies of the World.  Squeezing in time between blog posts, her 365 Photography project and report cards Mardi and husband Neil appeared on Dinner Party Wars on the Food Network this past [...]