Les Petits Chefs bake for the holidays

As a special treat for the last Petits Chefs session for the term, we baked mini-cupcakes.  I found a recipe I really liked the look of on the California Walnut website and adapted it slightly using almonds instead of walnuts due to some allergies.  It’s a pretty easy recipe and didn’t really involve much prep – just a lot of measuring and some elbow grease (the mixture got fairly thick so it was tough to stir).  We had these in the oven after only about 25 minutes and because we made mini-sized ones, they only took 15 minutes to cook.  A perfect (and not too unhealthy) festive treat for the holidays!

Happy Holidays from Les Petits Chefs!

30 Responses to Les Petits Chefs bake for the holidays

1. Belinda @zomppa December 20, 2010 at 07:28 #

Super festive! A basket of these would be perfect.

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite December 25, 2010 at 08:39 #

Yes I was really pleased with how they came out and would make them again for giving next year!

2. Tes December 20, 2010 at 07:55 #

Wow what a beautiful cupcake recipe :) I definitely add this to my holiday baking list :)

3. Brian @ A Thought For Food December 20, 2010 at 07:57 #

I would have to resist the urge to eat all of that batter… I’m a sucker for it. But the final product looks just as good. Wonderful little treats!

4. notyet100 December 20, 2010 at 08:38 #

mmm perfect for the season

5. Kate @ Diethood.com December 20, 2010 at 09:39 #

Gorgeous! I love that you’ve included coconut – sounds delicious!

6. Sara @CaffeIna December 20, 2010 at 14:12 #

I like the almond twist. I also struggle with many food allergies with the kids! Happy holidays to Les Petits Chefs and to you!

7. Joy December 20, 2010 at 14:16 #

Thta loooks great. I love that recipe.

8. Amanda @ bakingwithoutabox December 20, 2010 at 18:26 #

Oh how sweet. I always love the little hands in Les Petits Chefs entries. Those are awesome colorful holiday cupcakes. Nice substitution for the allergies.

9. penny aka jeroxie December 20, 2010 at 18:52 #

Nice and season. Perfect for crazy season and getting the kids into the kitchen

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite December 25, 2010 at 08:37 #

Yes I liked that they took such a short amount of time to make yes they are so perfect for the season!

10. K A B L O O E Y December 20, 2010 at 19:57 #

Boy do these ever sound good. Chocolate, almonds, cherries, coconut, cinnamon — there’s something for every sweet tooth.

11. Nancy@acommunaltable December 20, 2010 at 21:04 #

The addition of the flaxseed is a nice twist to these little cupcakes – they would be great as a snack but would also make a terrific breakfast on the go!!!
    Have bookmarked for a future project -I am so glad you are sharing the adventures of Les Petit Chefs with us!!

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite December 25, 2010 at 08:36 #

Yes I liked the addition of the flax – they didn’t even notice that it was a bit healthy! LOL!

12. Kennedy December 20, 2010 at 23:05 #

At first all those hands in the batter freaked me out!

13. Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels December 21, 2010 at 07:19 #

I just love the posts about the Les Petits Chefs. I’m always curious to see what they’ve been making! And wow do these look soooo good. I love how there’s coconut, almonds, chocolate chips and dried cherries! YUM!!!

14. stephchows December 21, 2010 at 09:28 #

The fact that they are all wearing ties and aprons makes this the best post ever :) love it!

15. LimeCake December 21, 2010 at 21:41 #

That’s just adorable! The kids and cupcakes I mean. :) Happy holidays!

16. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction December 26, 2010 at 18:53 #

Always love reading about what Les Petits Chefs are up to :)… Love the cupcakes, and I’m sure they did, too!