Hay Hay it’s the Donna Hay roundup!

Whoah!  Your response to this month’s Hay Hay it’s Donna Day event was overwhelming!  We had participants from all over the world – the United States, Canada, Bulgaria, France, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Norway, The Netherlands and India!

Initially I had planned to write a paragraph about each entry but as there are TWENTY ONE participants and TWENTY FOUR entries (yes, one keener made FOUR versions of the dessert!), I think I will just leave you with the gorgeousness that is Donna Hay’s Blackberry Cheesecake Pots (and variations on that theme!).  Please click on the links to their lovely blogs :-)

At the end of the post, you will find a poll where you can vote for your favourite and that person will host next month’s event!  I will announce the lucky hostess (nope, no guys entered…) on June 15th!

So without further ado:

Denise at Chez Us’ Blackberry Cheesecake Pots:

Josie at Daydreamer Desserts Blackberry Cheesecake pots:

Renée at Flamingo Musings Blueberry Cheesecake Pots:

Jamie at Life’s a Feast’s Strawberry Mascarpone Cheesecake:

Claudia at Missing Flavor’s Cheesecake Pots with Blackberry Swirls:

Tracey from Tangled Noodle’s Black Raspberry Cheesecake Pots:

Mil Postres Blackberry Cheesecake Pots:

Barbara Bakes’ Blackberry Cheesecake Pots:

Julia at Leave Room for Dessert was so excited at how easy it was that she made FOUR versions of this:

(Strawberry, Nutella, Cherry and Blackberry)

All the way from India, Deeba at Passionate about Baking made a vegetarian version using quark and flavoured with cherries and matcha:

A new to me blog, Winos and Foodies’ Barbara made Orange Cheesecake Pots:

Gwen at BunkyCooks made Peach Cheesecake Pots with a Biscotti Crumble:

La Cocina de Zaira made Blackberry Cheesecake Pots:

Giulia at Juls’ Kitchen made Strawberry Cheesecake Pots:

Ozoz at Kitchen Butterfly made Blackberry Cheesecake Jelly Verrines:

Penny (aka Jeroxie) at Addictive and Consuming got over her fear of desserts to produce Chocolate Cheesecake Pots with Black Cherry Compote:

Casey of Tastestopping got back to cooking and blogging about it with this event and learned all about caster sugar along the way!

Shea at Blissfully Unrefined made a most unusual version – Avocado Cheesecake Pots with a Strawberry Rhubarb Compote:

Laura at Loverly made these beautiful pots of goodness:

Barb at VinoLuci Style pushed through a bad leg injury to make Raspberry Cheesecake Flutes:

Casey at Eating Gardening and Living in Bulgaria made Lemon Cream Pots:

So, now it’s up to you dear readers. Wipe that drool off your keyboard, tell me which one is your favourite and vote for next month’s hostess!

39 Responses to Hay Hay it’s the Donna Hay roundup!

1. Belinda @zomppa June 5, 2010 at 07:37 #

So many yummies, so hard to choose! Love this!

2. bunkycooks June 5, 2010 at 08:03 #

What a great round up! Thanks for hosting. It was lots of fun. :)

3. penny aka jeroxie June 5, 2010 at 09:02 #

awesome round up! can’t wait till the next one :)

4. Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz June 5, 2010 at 10:01 #

Wow, so hard to pick one favorite. Just amazing round up

5. Cat June 5, 2010 at 13:56 #

how fun to see all of the different takes on the original cheesecake! i think i enjoyed seeing the little pots and bowls as much as the dessert itself.

6. TasteStopping June 5, 2010 at 14:43 #

I loved this dessert so much (and so did my family) that I am making it again this weekend. I could barely wait a week to try it again! It looks like everyone had fun and made some delicious variations. Thanks for hosting. :D

Best,
    Casey

7. Julie M. June 5, 2010 at 14:47 #

What a cool idea! I may have to participate in one of these in the future. They look like a lot of fun. Good luck to the players this month!

8. Kitchen Butterfly June 5, 2010 at 17:38 #

Gaping jaws………what a feast of delightful desserts. Absolutely blown away………superb roundup

9. Chef Dennis June 5, 2010 at 18:12 #

what an awe inspiring group!!! I am so happy to have found your blog!
    cheers
    Dennis

10. Daydreamer Desserts June 5, 2010 at 21:09 #

Thanks so much for the invite and for being such a great hostess Mardi. It was great fun!

11. Christine @ Fresh Local and Best June 5, 2010 at 23:42 #

I am so impressed with the wide array of cheesecakes in a pot. And Julia really got into this challenge with four! I particularly like Claudia’s cheesecake with the blackberry swirls.

12. K a b l o o e y June 5, 2010 at 23:50 #

They all look so beautiful! And even though all the berry ones are jewel-toned and yummy looking, I can’t help but notice that there are NUTELLA cheesecake pots amidst the rest. Mmmm, Nutella… swoon…

13. Red Nomad OZ June 6, 2010 at 04:58 #

Hi there! Great competition, but as a lover of all things citrus, couldn’t go past the lemon cream pots! Enjoy your day!

14. Geoff June 7, 2010 at 02:46 #

This is unfair. I’m partial to desserts and there is not one in the competition that could not hook me, even on a bad day.
    Do you choose on the basis of a dessert’s appearance/presentation or how you think it might taste?
    “There can only be one winner” – the most depressing phrase in the English language… these are all winners.

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite June 7, 2010 at 06:33 #

You’re partial to desserts, are you? LOL! The odds were stacked against me with a gene pool like that huh? I know it’s not fair to have to choose one but then again, life’s not fair, right?

15. Casey Angelova June 7, 2010 at 08:10 #

What an amazing round up! I have to agree with Cat. I love all the pots and dishes. Thanks for hosting!

16. Juls @Juls' Kitchen June 7, 2010 at 14:09 #

Great roundup! Just got home from London and I’m drooling over my notebook!

17. Tracey@Tangled Noodle June 8, 2010 at 01:41 #

Such a simple recipe and yet look at all the marvelous variations! These cheesecakes pots will be my go-to special dessert – so easy, elegant and delicious. Thanks for being a wonderful HHDD hostess!

18. Jamie June 8, 2010 at 09:13 #

Fabulous dessert, fabulous round up and so many talented bakers. There are so many great creative delicious variations and I plan on making each and every one this summer. Thanks to Mardi for hosting this event and choosing such a great recipe!

19. The Housewife June 9, 2010 at 02:42 #

So amazing! What a great response and each and every entry is looks so tempting!

20. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction June 9, 2010 at 21:17 #

Wow… Love all of these versions of the blackberry cheesecake pots. They look amazing. I am really wishing I would have had time to join in. I still might have to try the recipe!

21. pilot September 9, 2011 at 10:28 #

you have got an amazing weblog right here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Hay Hay it’s Donna Day: Zuppa di menta e piselli - June 16, 2010

[...] Ero così felice quando ho scoperto che ha vinto l’ultimo Hay Hay it’s Donna Day event ospitato da Mardi con i miei bicchierini di cheesecake alle fragole! Visto che ammiro davvero [...]

2. Hay Hay it’s Donna Day: Zuppa di menta e piselli | Juls Kitchen - June 22, 2010

3. Hay Hay it’s Donna Day: Pea and mint soup | Juls Kitchen - June 22, 2010

[...] daisy! I was so happy when I discovered I won the last Hay Hay it’s Donna Day event hosted by Mardi with my Strawberry Cheesecake pots! Since I truly admire Donna Hay and her [...]