- eat. live. travel. write. - http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com -
Pane e vino
Posted By Mardi Michels On May 7, 2010 @ 05:30 In italy,pasta,recipes,travel,umbria | 58 Comments
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 6 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, diced (or 1 796ml can diced tomatoes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 200g spaghettini (dry)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Sauté the tomatoes in the oil over medium flame in a shallow pan. When they begin to soften, add the garlic. Sauté a further 2-3 minutes, add pepper to taste. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and pine nuts and reduce heat to very low flame.
Cook the spaghettini in boiling salted water until al dente (approximately 10 minutes or according to directions on package). Drain well and add to the tomato sauce mixture. Combine pasta and sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, add the crumbled feta and chopped basil.
* I have also added some shrimp (about 20-30 peeled raw shrimp) to this dish with great success – you would add them into the sauce with the tomatoes
* Chopped baby spinach is an option too (about 2 cups) which would be added with the pasta to the sauce so that it is still slightly crunchy when served.
Wine suggestion from Neil:
With this dish, I would suggest a white wine – a soave or an Orvieto. If you prefer a red, a Chianti Riserva (older traditional-style)
Article printed from eat. live. travel. write.: http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com
URL to article: http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2010/05/pane-e-vino/
Copyright © 2010 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.