All you need is cheese and wine

Mmmm – doesn’t that look good?

And how about when it’s paired with this?

Last weekend, my sister and I spent an afternoon learning all about great wine and cheese pairings, courtesy of the kind folks at Rosewood Estates Winery and The Dairy Farmers of Canada, as part of the Salut Toronto Seminar Series.

You can read the full write up over on Spotlight Toronto, where I will be writing occasionally.  If you need any more incentive than WINE and CHEESE to click over, can I just say there was a CHOCOLATE cheese.. Oh yeah!

Read, enjoy, leave me a comment over there!

26 Responses to All you need is cheese and wine

1. HeatherFeather May 21, 2010 at 07:35 #

Ooh chocolate cheese sounds interesting! I’d like to try that sometime.

2. Belinda @zomppa May 21, 2010 at 07:42 #

You got me at chocolate.

3. FOODESSA May 21, 2010 at 08:45 #

Hubby is in the cheese business…so do you think we live and breathe cheese? Everything I cook and bake comes with Hubby’s awkward and not surprising question: “Will there be cheese in it”?
    Now chocolate and cheese…Hmm…sounds promising!
    BTW…at DayDreamerDesserts I commented on the Donna Hay discovery. Confession time…I also did the Donna Hay Who?
    Well, it’s all part of my culinary journey ;o)
    I’m looking forward to future posts.
    Flavourful wishes, Claudia

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite May 23, 2010 at 17:59 #

LOL – “will there be cheese in it??”" I don’t know if I could be married to someone in the cheese business – would not be good for my waistline!!

4. A Canadian Foodie May 21, 2010 at 08:49 #

This reminds me of a precious find last summer in Sonoma. A fantastic little cheese and wine shop on the most quaint side street with impeccable information and service. All local artisan cheeses and – of course, local wines. It was a perfect afternoon lunch… followed by a small artichoke dish. It was artichoke season! I agree with you. YUM.
    On a side note, I haven’t heard from you on my site in ages. I know you would have enjoyed reading about The Fat Duck and our experience there – as well as many others we had in London – Bertinet Baking School etc.
    Valerie

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite May 23, 2010 at 17:59 #

Thanks for stopping by Valerie. I have been busy lately and haven’t had much time to comment on or read other blogs!

5. K a b l o o e y May 21, 2010 at 22:40 #

OK, I must know. What’s chocolate cheese taste like?? I love stinky cheese, runny cheese, sharp cheese, mild cheese, most any kind, and well, my feelings about chocolate border on the crazed, but the combo? Hmmm. Got to know how it tasted and what texture was like.

AND — meeting you tomorrow at noon at Stanton Social unless I hear otherwise, right?

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite May 23, 2010 at 17:58 #

Carrie – you would absolutely LOVE the choc cheese! So fun to meet you! (for a full report on the taste and texture – click through and read the article!)

6. Geoff May 22, 2010 at 00:32 #

CHOCOLATE Cheese? I’m sorry I can never get used to the odd mix of savoury and sweet in the same product or dish. Perhaps this was brought on when I first saw my grandfather (on my father’s side) eat a sandwich with cheese and jam. I was a child and I was disgusted. Then there’s peanut paste (butter to you north Americans) and jam (jelly) – nah…. can’t come at it. Sorry

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite May 23, 2010 at 17:57 #

Well it you click through and read the complete article, you will see that it’s more like a dessert -think chocolate coeur à la crème…

7. bunkycooks May 22, 2010 at 10:26 #

There is nothing better than wine and cheese! :) Just not sure about the chocolate cheese…

8. Christine @ Fresh Local and Best May 22, 2010 at 21:57 #

What a fantastic way to spend a day!!! Cheese, wine and chocolates! I can’t wait to meet you!

9. Dawn@CocinaSavant May 22, 2010 at 23:37 #

i have to find a place that has chocolate cheese in the very near future. that sounds too intriguing to pass up!

10. A Canadian Foodie May 23, 2010 at 19:39 #

Have you made your own cheese? That is hopefully going to be my summer project…

11. Gourmantic May 23, 2010 at 21:50 #

Oooh…does that say vin de miel? How does it taste?

12. Casey Angelova May 26, 2010 at 02:39 #

Another fantastic event. I my palette for cheese has been evolving over the last 10 years, I really do love certain cheeses and wine… well, who doesn’t love wine!

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite May 27, 2010 at 06:50 #

Thanks Casey – I agree – I could drink wine and eat cheese pretty much at any time of the day!

13. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction May 27, 2010 at 20:24 #

Looks like fun… I would love to hear more about that chocolate cheese. Interesting!