Foodie heaven (more care packages!)

Yes it’s that time again, another Foodie Exchange roundup!  Note that the we have a new home on the web, much prettier and easier to navigate so if you would like to join in on the fun, click here (after you have read the post!).

First up, treats from London, England courtesy of Gourmet Traveller.  Debbie certainly knows me pretty well based on her choices:

Ah, jaffa cakes.  Love them. Too much! Thankfully M&S does not exist here.

Neil got stuck into these and let me tell you, there was not much sharing going on.

Yes well in retaliation, I did not share any of this.

My guests at the Weight Watchers Party enjoyed these for dessert.  I figured I had put them through enough with all that gelatin.

Thanks Debbie – we loved all your choices!  You can see what made its way over the pond in Debbie’s post here.

Next up, an item that I actually won in a contest on Rachael’s blog, La Fuji Mama.  I correctly guessed the mystery ingredient as being dried gourd (it’s called Kanpyo and you can see what I will be attempting with this in this post.  Truth be told, I am a little afraid of Japanese cooking but Rachael makes it seem so do-able…)

That’s the kanpyo.

A wonderful 7-spice blend that I can see endless possibilities for!

And some of Rachael’s favourite Japanese candies. Which have now become some of Neil’s favourite candies!  And see the chopsticks?  Just adorable and elegant!  Thanks so much Rachael, I already feel more capable to tacke the Chirashi Sushi!

Next we have a lovely parcel sent by Linda of Salty Seattle.  Unfortunately, USPS did not take such good care of this one:

But Linda’s homemade salt survived! (Yes people, I am friends with someone who makes her own salt!)

As did this unusual honey!  I already used one of the honeys she sent in my March Gourmet Unbound submission.

Ancho chili pods!!!!

Abuelita authentic Mexican hot chocolate tablets.  There’s a nice recipe here.

And some local tea!

Thanks Linda – I know you care even if USPS doesn’t!

Finally today, a parcel from Tracey at Tasty Trix.

I was very excited to see these:

and:

Last time I saw these was on TV, on Mad Men!

Some more sea salt for our growing collection.  This time from Blue Crab Bay.

Some lime curd. Yum!  Perfect for those darn macarons that might or might not succeed this month!

and Berger Cookies!

You can read about the history of “one of the most recognised cookies in the Maryland region” here.

Thanks everyone for these fabulous parcels.  I am hoping Penny’s has not been lost in the mail :-(

26 Responses to Foodie heaven (more care packages!)

1. Mr. Neil March 12, 2010 at 06:27 #

I would like to thank the Academy for ensuring all treat boxes contain items specially selected for / loved by Mr. Neil. :-)

2. Joy Phillips March 12, 2010 at 08:14 #

Do you guys do anything else but eat/think about it/prepare for it? Where do you find time to go to work?

3. K a b l o o e y March 12, 2010 at 11:18 #

That looks far more exciting and tasty than my mail. Those darn window envelopes are so dry.

4. 5 Star Foodie March 12, 2010 at 13:13 #

what a fun package of goodies!

5. High/Low March 12, 2010 at 14:59 #

Loving the foodie exchange! Can’t wait to see how you use all these new treats!

6. Fuji Mama March 12, 2010 at 19:46 #

I can’t wait to hear about your chirashi sushi! If you have ANY questions let me know!

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite March 13, 2010 at 18:35 #

Oh I am sure I will have some questions. Actually I am thinking of a PERFECT occasion where it might feature on a VERY SPECIAL menu….

7. Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 12, 2010 at 21:53 #

Your package is filled with tasty goodies as usual! Have fun eating up!

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite March 13, 2010 at 18:35 #

Oh we will! I love receiving all the different ingredients too – makes cooking so much fun!

8. Meghan@traveleatlove March 13, 2010 at 18:09 #

Jaffa cakes! Our favorites. Now I know what to get you next time we are in Ireland :)

9. Tangled Noodle March 13, 2010 at 21:57 #

Wow! Such a bounty! (I want all the Cadbury stuff). 8-)

10. Conor @ HoldtheBeef March 14, 2010 at 05:30 #

Some more fantastic care packages! I’m intrigued by the crab chips. The little girl on the package looks pretty chuffed with them.

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite March 15, 2010 at 18:06 #

Well as I drink a “Dixie” beer and eat some crawfish flavour chips (Cheers!), I can tell you I am pretty chuffed to start on these when I get back from NOLA!

11. Tasty Trix March 14, 2010 at 15:40 #

I love that everyone sends you these beautiful things and all or most of the Baltimore stuff is junk food! Sorry, I can’t help it – that’s what the indigenous food is like!! I grew up eating Utz, do love them so.

12. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction March 14, 2010 at 21:23 #

Sooo much fun! Love reading all about your care packages.

13. Cat March 15, 2010 at 12:27 #

my mail is never that delicious. i clearly need to find some new correspondents . . . ;)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Care parcels from London, Seattle and Baltimore! | Foodie Exchange - June 22, 2010

[...] here to see my roundup of a few [...]