A little piece of France…

As those of you who read my blog regularly know, I love receiving mail, specifically parcels containing food! That would be why I joined the foodie exchange group. Don’t know what that is? Head on over here and check it out. Don’t be shy – sign up!!!

(image courtesy freefoto.com)

Remember when I received my first package from the foodie exchange all the way from Arizona? Then just before Christmas, Conor’s parcel arrived from Perth, Australia. So far, I have sent parcels to Arizona, Perth, Paris, Seattle, Melbourne and Baltimore – it’s so much fun seeing what people come up with to send you!

Just last week, a lovely surprise arrived for me all the way from France. It’s from Kristin, a non-blogger (not yet, she says!!) who came across the foodie exchange group and wanted to join too.

I don’t know how much Kristin read my blog before she chose her items to send but it’s like she knows me very well.

Sweet things for my (and Neil’s) sweet tooth:

Neil is an avid collector of little tins of mints and was very excited to see these!

So funny – I nearly bought these at the airport on our way home from France but resisted the temptation. So glad I have some now – will most definitely savour them!

OMG – can I just say that Galler chocolate is amongst one of my favourites and the Mandarine Napoléon flavour = addictive!

Lion bars and Malabar – so much fun!

Some more Carambar:

Whoo-hoo – I can make these petits pots again!

Again – I was standing in front of this in the supermarket in Dinan on our final day there wondering whether I would bring some home with me. I didn’t. Very pleased to have some now as I have come across a number of recipes calling for it.

Herbes de Provence so I can make my ratatouille again!

This is one of my favourite salts ever. None the least because it has a beautiful package!

A fabulous little tin of terrine. Again, Neil was excited for this one!

And probably the most exciting ingredient – how DID it make it through customs??? – dried morilles (morels)!

When I lived in Paris, I would often go to La Dame Tartine beside the Centre Pompidou for a tartine au poulet/morilles – chicken in a creamy mushroomy sauce. I have already started hunting around for a similar recipe so I can make this dish with these beauties (I am kind of liking this one) - so thanks Kristin!

Looking forward already to receiving parcels from Linda in Seattle and Penny in Melbourne!

17 Responses to A little piece of France…

1. Trix February 1, 2010 at 13:37 #

Omg, this is so intimidating! Nothing I send you from Baltimore will be this lovely, no way, no how … I guess I'll just have to stick with novelty … *yikes*

2. Tasty Eats At Home February 1, 2010 at 14:51 #

Awesome loot! Sounds fun!

3. Unplanned Cooking February 1, 2010 at 16:11 #

My husband often brings me back tasty treats when he travels. Half the time I don't know what I'm eating (written in Japanese) but do enjoy trying products from different countries.

4. Kelly @ EvilShenanigans February 1, 2010 at 17:00 #

What a fab box of goodies! *jealous*

5. high low February 1, 2010 at 17:59 #

Kristin did such a wonderful job! Everything looks great – can't wait for my package from Paris!!

6. Fuji Mama February 1, 2010 at 22:57 #

What a fun looking package!! Ok, small world, I LOVED La Dame Tartine! I had classes about a 5 minute walk from le Centre Pompidou during the week, and made way too many visits there for food…

7. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction February 2, 2010 at 00:45 #

Wow! What a fun package…. I will definitely have to look into the foodie exchange group. Sounds like a lot of fun!

8. Anonymous February 2, 2010 at 00:52 #

That looks like a fin exchange.

Erika

9. Carolyn Jung February 2, 2010 at 02:35 #

How lucky you are to get such a wonderful box of culinary surprises as that! ;)

10. Conor @ HoldtheBeef February 2, 2010 at 05:31 #

Holy crap, what an incredible package! DRIED MORELS?!?!?!!!! Wow.

11. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite February 2, 2010 at 21:50 #

Trix – but I LOVE novelty stuff!!!! Surprise me!

Tasty Eats – isn't it fun?

Unplanned – that's the best part sometimes, not knowing what you are eating!

Kelly – you should join – you could send us all some of your fabulous cupcakes!

high low – I hear you sent a GREAT parcel to Kristin too!

Fuji Mama – small world indeed!

Jen – you need to look into this for sure!

Erika – yes it was.

Carolyn – it is a great homecoming to come home to boxes like this!

Conor – You're in the foodie exchange too, right? But I guess the Aussie customs might claim the morels for themselves – would be VERY surprised if they made it through customs!

12. Gourmantic February 3, 2010 at 00:45 #

Your customs sound as strict as ours. You're lucky those morilles got through. Enjoy them! :)

13. Juls @ Juls' Kitchen February 3, 2010 at 20:31 #

That's amazing!! I would like to join the group as well!

14. 5 Star Foodie February 4, 2010 at 00:03 #

Wow, that is an incredible package loaded with goodies!

15. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite February 5, 2010 at 02:08 #

Gourmantic – I think Aussie customs is definitely the worst I have ever dealt with but Canada is a bit random – some stuff makes it, some doesn't. I have sent chocolates to my mum in Sydney that have been "tasted" by someone…

Juls – you should – we would love to have you!

5 Star – it's so much fun getting snail mail parcels like this!

16. My Man's Belly February 6, 2010 at 21:25 #

Can't wait to see what you make with all of these goodies!

17. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite February 7, 2010 at 05:08 #

My Man's Belly – well yes, some of them have been – ahem – eaten already! but I am definitely looking forward to using the morilles and the chestnut and pork patés..